Thoughts on Astro Boy: The Video Game

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Thoughts on Astro Boy: The Video Game

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I bought Astro Boy: The Video Game today, and it was a great game and all. I've just started playing it, I'll update this thread later :) .
Last edited by Androids101 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I kinda liked the whole side scroller idea in that game. It was actually a pretty good game.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Terrible game in my opinion, even worse than the Playstation Astro Boy created by the Sega Sonic Team.

But then again, most movie-based video games are pretty bad.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Sure, the characters might be hilariously bad, the effects cheesy and a poor storyline, but I still believe its still great fun. The multiplayer mode is AWESOME, you get unlimited lives :lol: !

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I both like and dislike the game. I enjoy playing it to see the extras like the Scorpion brothers and the gold tooth robot (it's funny cause you see him in the movie) and the fighting isn't so bad either, enjoy kicking butt. But I just wish it could've been better.

To me, I imagine a 3D exploring game with combact, puzzles and all that stuff. But...I'm a dreamer so lol XD

Btw is it true you can unlock artwork in the game, cause i've not been able to figure it out.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Dunno :confused: , i have no idea :( . And yes, a movie-based game shouldn't have a storyline exactly like the film, otherwise it won't work :) .

Good game, not great, but still good.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

I played it. I liked it. I also like that you can unlock his classic look. that's what I stuck with through most of the game. My only REAL complaint is the pretty cheap cut scenes.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

It also happens that I've got Omega Factor and these games are very similar.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:I played it. I liked it. I also like that you can unlock his classic look. that's what I stuck with through most of the game. My only REAL complaint is the pretty cheap cut scenes.

I know! :lol:

Astro: Hello

*lips still moving for another ten seconds*

Ending Peacekeeper fight wasn't much fun though, but that might be because I unlocked unlimited super's and butt machine gunned my way to victory! XD

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Eh... I don't really buy games that are based off movies. I did recently get an GBA emulator and I have been playing omega factor which is pretty good in my opinion. How does the multiplayer work? Is it online? Is so then that's surprising

I haven't played the one you're talking about I don't think I will either.
ATM I'm excited as hell for CoD Black Ops, looks wicked.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”