Zoran/Uran or Cobalt

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 13 years ago

Aw, poo. I'm not sure if anybody remembers any of them anymore! Only those who remember the 03 series would probably remember he has a sister... (Speaking from a "general public" standpoint, of course.) Atom is no longer culturally relevant in the US anymore... or at least, that's how it would seem. I bet that if it wasn't for that movie, no children would even know who he is. (Unless their parents or grandparents remember seeing him as a child, which not everyone watched it, I would guess- especially not the 80s series in the US, from what I've heard; I've actually seen three episodes at the library so far.)

Since the movie, while not exactly high quality, served to at least reintroduce the character to those who may not remember, or even know, then I don't see why a sequel with Cobalt in it would not make sense. It would serve the purpose of reminding everyone that he exists, and if it was done right, he may even garner a new fan base! Plus, he fits in well, as far as his origins go- not as the prototype, but more as the younger brother, like he was supposed to be. From what I here, his original origins would make more sense; they could work a bit of that into the plot: Atom (Astro) disappears for some reason (they could do anything with that- over-pressured, he runs away; or he could get kidnapped), and Cobalt's construction is expedited, resulting in the comparable, but less-than-perfect, robot that so few of us are familiar with.
lolwut

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

That would actually be a great idea and it would probably be Astro gets kidnapped where it would work best.

The entire '80s series is on youtube, if you didn't know already.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

The thing is, the movie just didn't do well in the box offices, in both US and Japan. A sequel, to this film, just seems very unlikely. And even if it did came out, I doubt that people would still go to watch it.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

The '03 series is also on youtube.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Yeah, but it's from crackle, and they have commercials. Someone used to have all of them with 2 parts per episode and you could put them on your psp or something, but it doesn't work with crackle.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:The thing is, the movie just didn't do well in the box offices, in both US and Japan. A sequel, to this film, just seems very unlikely. And even if it did came out, I doubt that people would still go to watch it.

I would watch it, that's for sure.

Starlight
Kokoro Robot

Postby Starlight » 13 years ago

Definately Uran! She should be called Uran too. I don't like the name Zoran.
View my Astro Boy fan art here on DeviantART-->http://whitestarflower.deviantart.com

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

"Starlight" wrote:Definately Uran! She should be called Uran too. I don't like the name Zoran.

It doesn't really matter to me. I personally am leaning towards the name Uran but I liked the character Zoran.

And the fan art pics are really good. :)

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Just a note about Crackle: By watching those streams instead of watching user-submitted ones on Youtube (which is stealing), you're supporting Tezuka Productions and improving the chances of more Astro Boy products coming out in America. Also, you're getting better quality AND it is the only way to get the show in widescreen in English, which means you see the complete drawings as they were filmed and not missing 25% of the picture.

Because something is on Youtube and not deleted yet does not make it legal.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I've yet to see a person who has never done anything illegal in their life. In other words, we all do illegal stuff. And while yes I'm being unsupportive of Tezuka Productions by going to youtube, it's just my own preference. Likewise with others.

But really, I don't see how Crackle makes it any more legal. You're technically still watching it for free there.

...And I don't get why we're talking about Crackle on a thread about Uran and Cobalt, but whatever.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”