Zoran/Uran or Cobalt

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Crackle is owned by Sony (who owns Astro Boy 2003 everywhere or at least nearly). I was just telling the merits of watching the official streams. :) They make money the same way as on TV thanks to their ads. But even if you don't look at the ads, they get money from hits anyway, and use those hits for their research in what products they should deliver to fans.

I think Uran would make more sense than Cobalt in a sequel. There's a reason Cobalt disappeared after the black & white series; he's too similar to Astro. If he's going to have a brother, it should be a complex case like Atlas in the 1980's series. But anyway, considering how the movie ended, it would make no sense for Tenma/Elefun to make him siblings.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

So I see. Well, do tell me if there's anything of interest on Crackle... or better yet, what the url might be. :P

And exactly. Though knowing America and the way they like to change things, I'm sure they would somehow make Uran or Cobalt a reality despite the ending.

Starlight
Kokoro Robot

Postby Starlight » 13 years ago

"Astro Boy8629" wrote:[QUOTE=Starlight;108815]Definately Uran! She should be called Uran too. I don't like the name Zoran.

It doesn't really matter to me. I personally am leaning towards the name Uran but I liked the character Zoran.

And the fan art pics are really good. :) [/QUOTE]

Thankyou! I'm glad you like my fan art. I like to draw characters from Astro Boy. Well, Zoran makes me think of a Hungarian name. It doesn't really sound like a little Japanese girl's name. We used to have Hungarian neighbours living next door to us, and they were Gabby and Zol (Gabrielle and Zoltan). Zoran reminds me of Zoltan.
View my Astro Boy fan art here on DeviantART-->http://whitestarflower.deviantart.com

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I've yet to see a person who has never done anything illegal in their life. In other words, we all do illegal stuff. And while yes I'm being unsupportive of Tezuka Productions by going to youtube, it's just my own preference. Likewise with others.

But really, I don't see how Crackle makes it any more legal. You're technically still watching it for free there.

...And I don't get why we're talking about Crackle on a thread about Uran and Cobalt, but whatever.

That's true most people have done something illegal in their lives even if it's something small like putting a videotaped show on youtube.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Astro Boy without Uran is like bacon without the eggs (fine, bad comparison)... :lol:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

That is a bad comparison, I eat eggs all the time without bacon, but with sausage

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Anyone ever heard of "bacon and eggs"?

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

I know what you're saying, but I proved that bacon doesn't always go with eggs.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

And Uran doesn't always go with Astro, the movie proved that... :lol:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

That's true :)