Universal Pictures To Produce Pluto Live-Action Film

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Considering how realistic the artwork in the Pluto manga was, it seems very likely for it to be live-action, with realistic CGI for the robots obviously. I'm pretty sure I'm just repeating something that was said earlier by someone else.

And Androids, Australia does have anime.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Of course its CGI.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

No, I meant actual anime.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

I agree that we may get realistic looking CGI robots, in the vein of Transformers maybe. The studio could actually afford it (well, maybe not as good but close enough).
I'm on Twitter.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:A) Cybertron, there is such a thing as Imageshack. Go use it, and stop dedicating whole posts to one cryptic sentence and a giant picture.

B) Every time I click on this thread, I expect something about the movie. I get, instead, about four words out of the repeat offenders out of something random. I hate to get mad this suddenly, but I really must side with F-Man on this...everyone please be more on-topic. Go make a thread in General Discussion to house your random stream of consciousness.

A picture is worth a thousand words. I think the OO1 and OO2 Pluto pictures have enuff force and artistic substance to speak for themselves.
I should have stuck to my own servers. But got anxious because of the excitement. The picture I posted of Astro waiting was not for you Fauna or uninterested people here, it was for the Interior Astro Cultus as it were in Hollywood! I had been sitting here waiting for them to make up their minds on the next phase. The cryptic word was Evolution...
There were big pictures dear, but I did not post them. :eek:
You will find it almost impossible to understand my Comm. But be tolerant.
Everone is paranoid because we restrict our conversations. I for instance Love to analyze Cinema. The political and socio commentary, the metaphors of cinema dealing with evolving economies. The Deindustrialization of the west and the emerging industrialization of the far east. But then I must constrain those thoughts because...? I think in poster terms. Hollywood posters for movies. They have to be bombastic. Take Astroboy the movie. It's a Cinematic masterpiece of Sociopolitical commentary! Elitist Cloud city, garbage heaps below, and tell's us about the fall of Metro city. We've seen it before! Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" and "Star Trek" both dealt with it. But whom shall we rap to about it? You? the newbies? Who in here wants to speak of anything intellectual that was put in Astroboy as a statement about our world in which we live? :D
So now Astro will be fused with Pluto. And "Bladerunner" and political and maga urban darkness... Cyber Noir. Or as Arnold had it, "Techno Noir..."
Dark work? The city is falling,Astro saves it. Down to Earth it comes.
Don't epect Darryl....
Don't Expect A.I....
But you Guys have read Pluto. You know what it's like. Cora is a survivor of a Cyber Ghetto. President Stone wants to wage war on the surface. War! On Cora and the people she is with. The surface is a Junk pile, the ruins of the consumer electronics age. I have not heard from any of you one single word of any meaningfulness concerning Astroboy the movie! Not one word of praise for the brave writers and for the artists that dared to make such a faboo commentary on Life as it exists in this world of Evolving sociopolitical and sociotechnological change! But we do not talk Cinema! We do not talk about Astroboy. :tenma:
What is Pluto?
Whats is "008"????
EVOLUTION
Where is this coming from? Where is it going?
Last edited by cybotron on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

I'm pretty sure the Astro Boy movie was not comparing the east and west: you're looking too far into it. The rest you're pretty much right with, showing ruins of the electronics age, and the city falling to the ground is indeed the classic Fritz Lang's Metropolis theme. The city is called Metro City for a reason. I think all this stuff is pretty common sense and you make it sound a bit too deep by using big words. However it is interesting stuff that would make some good conversation if you made a thread dedicated to it.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I'm pretty sure they only used the name Metro City in the film to make it sound familiar, as the name was used in the 2003 anime. And as far as I know, there were no ruins around the 2003's Metro City.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I'm pretty sure they only used the name Metro City in the film to make it sound familiar, as the name was used in the 2003 anime. And as far as I know, there were no ruins around the 2003's Metro City.

Zog was a ruin....
And the Garbage heap of electronics that Astro fell into is a ruin... :astro:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I'm pretty sure they only used the name Metro City in the film to make it sound familiar, as the name was used in the 2003 anime. And as far as I know, there were no ruins around the 2003's Metro City.

That's true. But it's still nearly impossible to make a robot sci-fi anything nowadays without the inspiration of Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Without that movie, the city in the 2003 Astro Boy would have had a different name. And although we don't know, it's quite possible that the name itself gave the movie writers the idea to have it fall back to the ground by the end.
I'm on Twitter.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

And not East and West... That's Industrial age thought.
Red Core and Blue Core is more timely. In this world we need the Red Chinese workers and the Chinese state control to have any vestige of the consumer society. And we need the Blue Capitalist eco control to keep the same.
If you are capable of grasping... er... Catching the concept. :) :tenma:
Last edited by cybotron on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”