Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I watch it on youtube.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

Last edited by cybotron on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Androids101" wrote:I watch it on youtube.

What did you think of it? :w00t:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I liked these episodes:

Battle for Steel Island
Escape from Volcano Island
Showdown in Robotonia
Power up!
Into thin air
Neon Express
March of the Micro Bears

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Androids101" wrote:I liked these episodes:

Battle for Steel Island
Escape from Volcano Island
Showdown in Robotonia
Power up!
Into thin air
Neon Express
March of the Micro Bears

Yeah I really find Neon Express very interesting.
Here's another Page from Pluto OO3
Image :astro: :ninja:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I love this thread!!

Guys, Cybotron is our poet. That might sound goofy, but I "get" him somehow. I can't explain it, but I think he sees something and has a way of expressing it that isn't quite the same a everybody else = it's like he's got one foot in another level of perception.

Don't fight him -- just think on what he's saying and you'll start to see what I mean. :-)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:What April said.

Although Astro Boy still isn't very popular or heard of here in America, even after the 2009 film. I don't think a lot of people, at least here, will realize the connection between A.B. and Pluto.

And while I would love to read Pluto myself, I find that it's a bit too adult for my tastes. Not to mention that I'm focused on other manga at the moment, and am poor as heck.

Yes I fail as a Tezuka 'fan'.

Please don't say that!! (you "fail" as a Tezuka fan). Pluto is just another interpretation of the characters and storyline. It is more "adult" (I'll take that to mean less playful and funny) -- but it presents the story (yes, with changes -- Uran doesn't pull on Astro's shorts and attempt to go fight Pluto) as if it were a reporting of an actual event.

There's no :hyo: or hidden Tezuka. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it (Atom isn’t even present in many of the chapters – I don’t want to tell you why in case you read the whole thing) – but the ending is actually very similar to the original manga and anime.

I know about the $$ issue, too. I read it online first, but did buy each book (check out Cybotron's link or PM me). I find myself going back and reading through different parts again and again. It’s very haunting and thought provoking. But it might not be what you enjoy, Dr. J. – and that’s fine.

I believe when this movie comes out, they WON’T focus on Astro in the publicity. I don’t think they’ll call him Astro, I think they’ll call him Atom, and finally the whole world will know the whole history of who the character really is, and where it was set (not some fictional, floating city – or New York, as I was led to believe).

When folks find out there's another whole "layer" to Atom/Astro in terms of over-edited stories, etc. I believe there will be renewed interest and a demand for uncut/unsensored manga and anime of all series, and I believe he will go forward from here as Atom, not Astro Boy.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I believe when this movie comes out, they WON’T focus on Astro in the publicity. I don’t think they’ll call him Astro, I think they’ll call him Atom, and finally the whole world will know the whole history of who the character really is, and where it was set (not some fictional, floating city – or New York, as I was led to believe).

When folks find out there's another whole "layer" to Atom/Astro in terms of over-edited stories, etc. I believe there will be renewed interest and a demand for uncut/unsensored manga and anime of all series, and I believe he will go forward from here as Atom, not Astro Boy.

Yep, that's a bit of the exact dream I had for this movie a few months ago when the rumors started to surface. If it became a success, we could see new releases of say, the first and third anime, this time called by their original name so people recognize it from the Pluto movie, and in Japanese with English subtitles only (because in the case of Astro, you can't have both languages on one set due to the edits).

A bit more realistic though, I think this might very well happen somewhat, but not on DVD: it'll be on Crunchyroll. Tezuka Productions has already expressed interest in delivering their old anime that way, because old anime on DVD is simply financial suicide, especially subtitled. We could for instance finally get the 88 episodes that were never translated.

I do not however have my hopes up as high as you do. First of all, most film adaptations change a lot of things. If you give a summary of what Pluto is about, Astro would not be mentioned. The use of multiple countries might not even be necessary to get a working story out of the source material. I mean that while we're all excited to get another Astro Boy movie, the character that stands in for Atom might have a totally different name, and the whole thing may be changed to happen in America only. Tezuka Productions may be overseeing the production, but I think they first and foremost want the thing to be done and perform well, and may have to accept some sacrifices to the story.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

:rolleyes :o y vey!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I love this thread!!

Guys, Cybotron is our poet. That might sound goofy, but I "get" him somehow. I can't explain it, but I think he sees something and has a way of expressing it that isn't quite the same a everybody else = it's like he's got one foot in another level of perception.

Don't fight him -- just think on what he's saying and you'll start to see what I mean. :-)

Yeah, but personally, I find his posts distracting and I have to read over them at least six times to get a vague impression of what he's trying to say. If he could actually be clear on something, not just putting up big pictures and picking fights with people, I wouldn't care. Looking over the entire conversation, Dr. Jerk did nothing wrong and Cybotron seemed to hardly understand what she said.

GUYS WHERE IS THE PLUTO IN THIS THREAD. WE NEED MORE OF IT
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”