13 Honey, The Robot Transfer Student

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:.....is it okay that I don't much care for Jetter Mars?

I mean, the show is...okay...watched a few in Japanese. But, I can't get past the concept of "I've seen this before..." (I know JM is basically and almost intentionally an Astro clone. But even some of the stories are too similar.)

They are intentionally & by request of the client, similar.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

There are lots of things to love about Jetter Mars. The bright cheerful colors are a joy to look at, characters have great designs (I love Kenichi), they're younger than usual so Jetter Mars will often do the cutest babyish things that even Astro doesn't do, the animation is better than the 80's Astro Boy, I find most stories to be original, sometimes very violent (the vampire episode anyone?), and the voices are better, particularly Mari Shimizu probably from being younger at the time. Her voice can be quite ear-grating in the 80's Astro Boy.
Last edited by F-Man on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

amado
Kokoro Robot

Postby amado » 11 years ago

Thanks a lot, jeffbert, for the topic! :)

Episode 13 is one of the best episodes of Jetter Mars from my point of view. The episode is so emotional and makes you feel really sad for Honey. :(

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 11 years ago

"amado" wrote:Thanks a lot, jeffbert, for the topic! :)

Episode 13 is one of the best episodes of Jetter Mars from my point of view. The episode is so emotional and makes you feel really sad for Honey. :(

This episode was one of my favourites too; I really love the emotional dilemma.
I like how the situation wasn’t a typical good vs. evil story.

The bees were causing havoc but the purpose of the robot bees was to give Honey energy. It’s was also understandable that Honey’s Grandfather wasn’t too happy at first when he heard about Honey making friends with Mars.

I love the last scene with Mars, Honey and her Grandfather. That scene was pretty touching.
Last edited by Crazy_Red on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

amado
Kokoro Robot

Thanks, [COLOR="Red"]Crazy_Red, for your comment. ;) [/COLOR]

"Crazy_Red" wrote:I love the last scene with Mars, Honey and her Grandfather. That scene was pretty touching.

I can't prevent tears from welling in my eyes while watching this scene! :cry:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

"Crazy_Red" wrote:[QUOTE=amado;207903]Thanks a lot, jeffbert, for the topic! :)

This episode was one of my favourites too; I really love the emotional dilemma.
I like how the situation wasn’t a typical good vs. evil story.

The bees were causing havoc but the purpose of the robot bees was to give Honey energy. It’s was also understandable that Honey’s Grandfather wasn’t too happy at first when he heard about Honey making friends with Mars.

I love the last scene with Mars, Honey and her Grandfather. That scene was pretty touching.[/QUOTE]
I had no clue about the bees refueling Honey; thanks, Crazy_Red.

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I had no clue about the bees refueling Honey; thanks, Crazy_Red.

You’re Welcome, jeffbert.
"amado" wrote:Thanks, [COLOR="Red"]Crazy_Red, for your comment. ;) [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Crazy_Red;207935]I love the last scene with Mars, Honey and her Grandfather. That scene was pretty touching.

I can't prevent tears from welling in my eyes while watching this scene! :cry: [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that scene is one of my favourite scenes in the series.

amado
Kokoro Robot

It's really one of the saddest episodes of Jetter Mars. :cry:

Everyone can watch this episode in Arabic by clicking on the following link:

http://www.cartoonarabi.com/watch.php?vid=813c6b631

I wish I could provide you with English subtitles, but this is what's available to me now.

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

Cute Episode! I think Jetter Mars has a French dub. You can find it on Youtube. Except It's called "Capitan Jet" instead of Jetter Mars. (Hope that's not Italian. :blush: )
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 10 years ago

It must be Italian, because it certainly isn't French :D "Capitan" isn't a French word, it would be "capitaine".
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”