13 Honey, The Robot Transfer Student

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

F-Man, do you know that Crunchyroll is seeking translators for Tezuka's anime? As I understand it, they are currently working on English subs to one of his later anime.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Except dubs usually change things around.

Yep, that's a given... But, I still say, I rather read dubtitles than hear dubs. And in Jetter Mars's case, any sub is better than nothing!

Disney used to only provide dubtitles on some Studio Ghibli DVDs. And some companies still do it today. It's a compromise we sometimes have to take when companies are not nice enough to give us what we want.

"jeffbert" wrote:F-Man, do you know that Crunchyroll is seeking translators for Tezuka's anime? As I understand it, they are currently working on English subs to one of his later anime.

Yep, I'm aware! They said if this is successful they'll do Dororo, among other things next. This fills me with so much joy!
Last edited by F-Man on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

first shot :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

I have an Italian subbed episode somewhere I think. Wasn't it Italian instead of Spanish then?
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"fafner" wrote:I have an Italian subbed episode somewhere I think.

Lucky you. :cry:
I'm on Twitter.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 13 years ago

Uh, why is Melchi smooshing Miri in that first shot?
lolwut

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"fafner" wrote:I have an Italian subbed episode somewhere I think. Wasn't it Italian instead of Spanish then?

...Maybe it was Italian subs that I had heard of. I dunno, I could have sworn that there were Jetter Mars subs somewhere.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 13 years ago

I've heard of at least four episodes that were fully restored and released as a movie, dubbed in Italian. I actually think that I read that on the Jetter Mars page at Tezuka in English...
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Uh, why is Melchi smooshing Miri in that first shot?
He just kicked the door off its hinges, & she was on the other side. Now, he is crying for her, but does not know she is under the door.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=fafner;108565]I have an Italian subbed episode somewhere I think.

Lucky you. :cry: [/QUOTE]
Think again: I don't understand Italian :D So it could be Japanese and not change anything for me :p (but I know it is Italian because I can identify many languages even if I don't actually understand them)

By the way, I meant "dubbed" (as in Italian dialogs without subtitles), I tend to mix the two :unsure:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”