13 Honey, The Robot Transfer Student

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Bleh, I got conflicting information. I found some sites with a torrent but they all say it's a dub only. False alarm then. :(
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Shame. From that one Spanish episode I watched, Jetter Mars looked good. But I guess it just isn't that popular or well-known enough to have official or fan-subs.

No surprise there though, Jetter Mars seems to be very obscure.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Someone who understands Spanish, Russian or Greek would have to make dubtitles for this... That may be the only way we'll ever get to understand the show. But it is a long process that not many people would want to do.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Exactly. And I only know one person, from Greece, who watched the show.

Even then, I'd say it'd be near impossible to find Greek raws of it.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Even then, I'd say it'd be near impossible to find Greek raws of it.

Yeah you're right. Seems like only the first 6 episodes are out there in Greek. Spanish may not be much better. Welp, better than nothing!
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I think the Spanish dub might have been complete, or at least there's more of it. Certainly seems so, according to youtube.

Dubtitles are alright, but then there's always the possibility of cuts and stuff.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

Our beloved Spaniard Ataru Moroboshi painstakingly typed out the transcript for a segment of 1 episode. Here is page three of the thread, on which the transcript occurs. I do not know if the videos are still on youtube, though:

Jetter Mars DVD boxed sets

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

The episodes are still on youtube. I watched the first one fairly recently actually.

Quick, get to them before youtube finds them- Kidding.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind using my Japanese DVDs and Subtitle Workshop to make subtitle files that have the proper timing (when a line starts and ends) for each episode, and then people who speak Spanish/whatever would only need to add the dialogue. After that, we'd just have to throw the thing at Google for a translation and voilà.

I actually plan to do this with Astro Boy episodes of the Black & White series, so that we can watch the original Japanese version. But I'm busy with other subtitle works right now.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Except dubs usually change things around.

Example:

Tenma in 2003 episode 1, original: Something along the lines of "You're being over-confident, Dr. Ochanomizu..." (At least I can confirm that he said Ochanomizu...)

Tenma in 2003 episode 1, dub: "Ah yes, I remember this..."

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”