Astro boy 2003 Manga english!!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Can we please get this thread back on track, OK? We don't really want to know how you all get your allowance.
I'm on Twitter.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

who thinks that they are more likely to get the books?
Unyongnekasayo

KarasuXx
Kokoro Robot

Postby KarasuXx » 13 years ago

Lawl, This Thread went a long way x)
Yeah, The Books do have a bit of an issue with the margin but It really is much
better then the anime (and the anime is good hence, the manga is amazing) Sometimes its a little hard to understand because of translations but other wise I love it, my friend has a copyImage An example of bad translation (I assume) , "I created her the same way I did atom" when it should be "When Tenma created Atom", (atom is the Japanese name)
Last edited by KarasuXx on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

Manga is awesome reading. Translations vary becuase the word used in Japanese is not the same that is said in English and names are same way. Astro from Atom was a way of translating as well as differentiating from English and Japanese. Anime is commonly derived from manga much the same as movies are from books,its not the same but you get the picture,also i point out that translation vary by translator,it wouldn't be a surprise when you have a bad translation
Unyongnekasayo

Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:It was £30 for me, but it'd different in America.

And the manga is so cool! I have the already and I love the artwork in them. The relationship between father and son is sad too :cry: I can honestly tell you the manga is better than the anime.

"F-Man" wrote:I'd definitely say it is worth buying despite the poor book quality. I agree with Alittleacorn that it is better than the anime version. However I admit not owning this edition but rather the French one. :P

Aww, I had I feeling that I might have to worry that the anime would let me down after reading the 2003 manga and how it touched me. And it looks like it happens in the un-English dubbed version. (I remember F-Man trying to do a sub of the 2003 Astroboy, and to some degree have assumed he knows Japanese, or at least saw enough of it to make a good call on judging it.) Taken it appears hard to get my hands on subbed copies, so I guess I'm sad over something I might not see unedited.

"KarasuXx" wrote:Lawl, This Thread went a long way x)
better then the anime (and the anime is good hence, the manga is amazing) Sometimes its a little hard to understand because of translations but other wise I love it, my friend has a copyImage An example of bad translation (I assume) , "I created her the same way I did atom" when it should be "When Tenma created Atom", (atom is the Japanese name)

But how is that necessarily a bad translation? In the 2003 manga, from what I remember the readers don't necessarily know, or at least not clearly, that Atom(/Astro) has been created by Tenma. Atom's origin does not get covered until later in the series.

HanaImakura
Kokoro Robot

Postby HanaImakura » 12 years ago

"KarasuXx" wrote:I seriously just joined to show everyone this :D
Its the Astro boy 2003 English Manga for sale at an Official website!
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/11210/astro-boy-manga-bundle

My mom got me the whole set a few years ago for Christmas from a comics store in England that had an online shop on Ebay. <3 Crazy though, mine say they were made in Singapore! lol But they're in full English! xD The only sad thing is, the one that has the most Atlas in it is falling to pieces already... :'( Two pages have come right out of it without tearing already...
When you wish upon a star... Sometimes many things will spur from your wish later. :astro:

HanaImakura
Kokoro Robot

Postby HanaImakura » 12 years ago

"KarasuXx" wrote:Lawl, This Thread went a long way x)

Oh my God, it DID say that?! O_O I never even noticed!
When you wish upon a star... Sometimes many things will spur from your wish later. :astro:

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 12 years ago

i wish i could get those comics

Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

"HanaImakura" wrote:[QUOTE=KarasuXx;113950]I seriously just joined to show everyone this :D
Its the Astro boy 2003 English Manga for sale at an Official website!
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/11210/astro-boy-manga-bundle

My mom got me the whole set a few years ago for Christmas from a comics store in England that had an online shop on Ebay. <3 Crazy though, mine say they were made in Singapore! lol But they're in full English! xD The only sad thing is, the one that has the most Atlas in it is falling to pieces already... :'( Two pages have come right out of it without tearing already...[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if the book is a hardcover or softcover, but I heard from Lynn Johnson who made comics based on real life, when she lived in the country and mostly relied on a few appliances, she would hold a book that had the pages falling out and she would warm the blinding/glue and it would be repaired.

Of course, I haven't tried this myself, and I wouldn't want to be at fault should an accident happened with your books... :sick: :whistling: Either find a book in a similar situation, or there's something you can even Google about. I hear scanslations groups even microwave their manga a bit to loosen the pages and the binding so it gives them better quality. :p irate:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Mine have pages falling out. :cry:

off topic: I have a new MELMO manga that seems to have a similar art style to this author's. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”