The 2003 Astro Boy Story, A Winter Wish

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

uhuh. everyone does love them -and what the do afterwerds :P maby steel muffins too. :D

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

I loved this story
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Best one I've seen in a long time.

JK2946
Kokoro Robot

Astounding, worthy of publishing

Postby JK2946 » 10 years ago

I'm reading this after watching the season again. And I know this thread hasn't been posted on for two and a half years, but I don't know how you did it. But you matched everyone more perfectly than I could have ever imagined. Just the way the speech flows, and what each character says, also how you portray each character in their environment, it is just breath taking. I read this story long ago, about when it was first posted. I read it over at least 2 to 3 times because it was so good. Then I watched the season (2003) again for the first time in at least two years. And I actually thought that this was an actual episode, I could picture in my mind the part where Zoran gave Tenma the plastic pipe I had to really think back and decide whether this was a real episode or not, because I felt that it actually was. And that just goes to show how descriptive and remarkable this story is. It is so well written, that it just feels like it belongs to be as an actual episode. It deserves to be in the season as something like a last episode. Or even better, like the beginning of a new season. this is by far, the best story I have ever read on here. But the story "Scribbles and thoughts" was also really good but I forget who wrote that one. But anyways congratulations on it! It is a really heart warming story that I could read again.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"JK2946" wrote:I'm reading this after watching the season again. And I know this thread hasn't been posted on for two and a half years, but I don't know how you did it. But you matched everyone more perfectly than I could have ever imagined. Just the way the speech flows, and what each character says, also how you portray each character in their environment, it is just breath taking. I read this story long ago, about when it was first posted. I read it over at least 2 to 3 times because it was so good. Then I watched the season (2003) again for the first time in at least two years. And I actually thought that this was an actual episode, I could picture in my mind the part where Zoran gave Tenma the plastic pipe I had to really think back and decide whether this was a real episode or not, because I felt that it actually was. And that just goes to show how descriptive and remarkable this story is. It is so well written, that it just feels like it belongs to be as an actual episode. It deserves to be in the season as something like a last episode. Or even better, like the beginning of a new season. this is by far, the best story I have ever read on here. But the story "Scribbles and thoughts" was also really good but I forget who wrote that one. But anyways congratulations on it! It is a really heart warming story that I could read again.

I'll say.

I love this story myself. In my mind, it's a very good look into what might happen once Tenma is released from prison in the 2003 series. And in doing so, becomes a very sweet tale.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

This was an amazing story! It's nice to see I am not the only one who wants to see them all as a family. :)
P.S. I never knew Atom said "Don't die, Father" in the Japanese version. I have it, but I don't speak Japanese...yet. That sounds so much better to me! Err, trying not to make a big deal out of it. Can't hold in excitement...
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

I know what you mean. I have no problem with him saying "I forgive you," but the fact that he openly tells Trnmahe doesn't want him to die, it's just so much more powerful.

JK2946
Kokoro Robot

Postby JK2946 » 10 years ago

I think its better that in the story you can tell astro wants to care for his father, as if he feels sorry for him for not being his son, and rejecting him all of those times. I get the feeling watching the last episode too. That he still cares despite what Tenma wanted him to rule the world with him.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Alittleacorn was a fabulous writer (still is, although she's not as interested in Astro anymore). She had some great stuff on fanfiction.net too, but has left there. Actually I believe she's in the process of "going professional" with writing, and I think she'll do well! Glad we still have this story. Thanks for bringing the thread back to the surface.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

I guess I need to search trough some old threads to find hidden gold like this. Too bad all the youtube links have been broken (destroyed actually!).
The more I read stuff like this the more I wish we had the original 2003 print sub'ed. GDI, they even destroyed the music in there.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”