Really, who had the capability to truly beat Bruton?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Really, who had the capability to truly beat Bruton?

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

I know this is a perpetual can of worms and it may indeed have been discussed before. And yes I know, its a cartoon and the fates of every character are pre-determined. Forgetting the fact that the robots (at least after Mt Blanc and Molnar) should have known better than to attack the horns......is there any particular robot that stands out as a true contender?

Obviously I am biased. I think Photar still managed to pack a serious punch when he did that awesome lightning feat in the sky however a question remains as to whether or not him charging down towards bruton head-on from the sky would have succeeded as he was going straight for the horns. There is little to suggest exactly what power was inherent in the rod on his forhead when it was ignited.........we wont go near the whole issue of the orphan being rescued. Brondo shoud have just engaged in a full-blown UFC style fight, however one point that needs to be made is that the strongest robot after Bruton is actually Mt Blanc (at 135K HP). So that means Brondo and the rest are at least ten times weaker physically than Bruton. So maybe a wrestling match may not have gone in Brondo's favour (hence him resorting to that strange cannon ball manouevre he used to nearly detroy Bruton anyway). Ziron, sorry no chance and neither you Molnar....the second your arms ripped off I knew you were a gonner. Hercules Im not too sure about. I mean, how bad ass can you be...losing both arms, a head, and still battling on with all the optimism in the world that your still going to woop ass. Loved his chariot. Astro certainly had the ability to constantly avoid bruton and strike from distance but obviously at some stage he had to get in close in order to disable those freaking horns. My favourite part is the fulll on flip he deals bruton in their final fight by hanging onto just one horn. ANyway, Im interested to know what you think,

James

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

Well James, I think Fotar definately would have had a chance if it was sunny and the detective might have had some sort of chance against Bruton if had hadn't held on so tightly to Bruton's horns, but other than that I don't think anyone else other than Astro had a chance of beating him.

As for Brando, there weren't many factors that we knew of or saw that would help us know if he had a good chance of destroying Bruton.

Also, have you read the Pluto manga?,

Aaron

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

No Ive never read the pluto manga. Is it any good? Whereabouts would I get myself a copy?

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Well you cant really blame Mont-Blanc... He didn't know what was going on, which allowed Pluto (Bruton) to claim his first victim.

Monar didn't really stand a chance, either. Not one of his weapons really looked, you know...fearsome, he lacked in horsepower, and, judging by how the jets were made, he didn't receive an advantage in the air, either. Horns or no horns, Pluto probably would be victorious.

Brando and Pluto is more of a fair battle, since they are much more similar than all the other robots Pluto battled. But Pluto has the advantage in horsepower.

Ziron was a goner after he found out that Pluto has a shield that can withstand his bullets. Sure, they don't cover his feet, but he can't hold Pluto off forever. And his biggest weakness is that he cannot fly.

Photar, well, I'm not to sure about that one. He was unlucky, both in terms of the weather and the fact that one of the schoolchildren came looking for him, which gave Pluto the advantage. He was going straight for the horns on his attack, and even if he didn't Pluto could probably dodge it with ease.

Now on to Astro. Now, remember the fact that Pluto almost destroyed him (and, seriously, when Astro saved Pluto, it was because of Brando, not him) so I'm not sure. And Astro was kinda lucky that Pluto didn't use the horns for some unknown reason when he ripped the first one off.

Even in the '03 series, the only robot to come close to beating Pluto is Epsilon, and she would have probably succeeded if it hasn't been for the dolphins. However, she was lucky because of the fact there was water nearby, and if it wasn't for that Epsilon didn't really stand a chance.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

That is an AWESOME reply. Thanks heaps guys.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Fotar" wrote:No Ive never read the pluto manga. Is it any good? Whereabouts would I get myself a copy?

Not sure about the book stores in Australia, but you may be able to import it from online stores.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Thanks :D , also even in Australia I've never come across it.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:Thanks :D , also even in Australia I've never come across it.

Have you tried book store chains in Australia?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

:p Hercules' still fighting after losing limb after limb reminds of BATTLE CHESS, as one of the pieces was chopped apart. For that matter, SPAMALOT or MP & THE HOLY GRAIL had a guy who was vainly trying to fight even with only 1 leg remaining. :p Just thinking about this is funny. :D

If you do not limit it to robots in that story, I think that Damdam (Goliath) or, better yet, Garon could have easily destroyed Pluto (Bruton). :lol: In fact, it would have been no contest if Garon had fought Pluto.
Last edited by jeffbert on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Fotar" wrote:No Ive never read the pluto manga. Is it any good? Whereabouts would I get myself a copy?

You have to read it, calling it good would be an understatement. You wouldn't buy a copy, but copies since Pluto is an 8 book series with a very deep plot and I liked it A LOT. I don't think you'd get a single bad opinion if you asked anyone here who has read it. It was $90 well spent and I'll never regret it.

I had purchased the series from amazon and it was at a good price too. Just go to amazon and search "Pluto Urasawa" and you can buy them from there.
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”