Who do you hate/dislike in Astroboy anime and why ?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astrogirl500 » 9 years ago

I hate when Blue knight would killing humans,well Astro refuses to kills humans, same his ennemis (the proof he saved skunk,with C.J in the episode 25 in english dub) and when O'shay in the episode 3(and 14) don't trust to Astro unlike Tenma can trusting to Astro boy. (i love you,Tenma-sensei)
Image :heart:
Last edited by Astrogirl500 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Androids101;120919]Still, I was moved by "I forgive you"... which is kind of more touching than "don't die, dad!" :shifty:

No.

In the English dub, Astro says something about "Are you saying you planned this all along?" at one point and it doesn't make any sense. In the real dub, he says at this point "Are you saying that... But, you said you loved me!" He just understood that Tenma was going to commit suicide, and tells him he shouldn't do if he truly loved him.

So he approaches him and then, in the Japanese version, emphasis is put on Astro's arms wrapping over Tenma to give him a hug, which was cut in the English dub. Then, he says the famous line. The line is important in a number of ways, first, he acknowledges him as his father rather than calling him Doctor as usual. Tenma then realizes that, he may have been a terrible dad, but he still had a responsibility, a child who loved him despite his wrongs, and realizes what a terrible mistake he was about to commit. And so he breaks and falls on his knees in Astro's arms.

The episode is called "The Final Battle". They're trying to tell you that love is always what will save humanity in the end. Not unlike the Metropolis movie. Rock: "I won't let you kill my dad!" *presses button that saves humankind*

Speaking of which, anyone notice how Tima in Metropolis, once she meets with Duke Red, asks him if she's like those poor robots that she's seen mistreated the whole film, and he replies "You're not like those mere machines! You're special!". Astro in the last episode of the 2003 anime sees robots being discarded like scrap and tells Tenma he's also a robot, to which Tenma says the same thing as Duke Red.

I hope this clears up everything. ;)

By the way, yes, "You're creepy" was hilarious. But not something Astro would say.[/QUOTE]
Forget the "You're creepy" line. My final straw was how they did the scene where the kids were throwing food at Astro. How they had him get snarky with his "Sure let's take apart all the machines..." speech. Way to miss the point of that scene there, dubbers.

"Fauna" wrote:The dub makes me die inside a little more every time I see it, so that's one thing I dislike about the franchise. And mind you, I love a good deal of the dubs out there...I can't watch Gun Frontier or Tetsujin 28 without their dubs amplifying the awesome.

However, I was watching "Atlas Strikes Back", and there's a part when Pavlos's ship is about to crash, but Atlas jumps in and attaches himself to part of the engine. Atlas says something like "I can't believe you'd help this crusty old man", to which Astro responds, with the happiest, most overjoyed face...

"We have to help!" And his actress sounds furious.

I was, too. If you watch that episode, it sounds more like the writers just played Mad Libs with it. I'll quote the worst line, using their abysmal names:

Zoran: "Is this really the biggest mall in the whole wide universe?!" *while looking at a street fair*
O'Shay: "Yes, until they build another one two miles from here."

Ugh, it's just...cringe-worthy. I have to agree with everything in F-Man's last post.

I too actually like dubs usually but could go into a long long LONG rant on everything wrong with that particular dub. But... I don't feel like getting angry right now XD I had never been so mad at a dub my life and I've watched 4Kids dubs XD
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”