Jetter Mars: Q&A

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

"Toshio" wrote:Jefbert, that Tenma is too different from the 1980s version? I haven't found any expressive images of him. Also, what's so important about the last episode? What's the content of that letter from Dr. Yamanoue?

:blush: I assume you refer to episode #26? If so, please use that thread instead of this one. My PC needs healing, so, right now, I am not able to look at my screen captures from that episode; thus, I am unsure.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Jeffbert, what do you have about the Jetter Mars mangá?
I even recall of seeing a scan which Mars meet Dr. Ochanomizu and for comical relief, his nose even got off as if he was a robot.
Do we have any fan translations?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Someone posted a few pages of the JM manga on this forum, not too long ago. Other than those, I have not seen any.

SuperBet
Kokoro Robot

Postby SuperBet » 11 years ago

I've just saw an episode is spanish in YouTube and the voice... it didn't match. It's like a teenager voice in a boy body... :P Or maybe I'm too used to Astro's voice.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I think I have seen a few of those Spanish dubs, and, yes, Mars' voice is deep.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

In Brazil it sounded like a middle aged man voicing a little kid.

amado
Kokoro Robot

Postby amado » 11 years ago

Hello, fans of Jetter Mars and Astro Boy! :)

First of all, I want to thank Dr. Jerk a lot for opening this precious thread! ;) I also thank everyone who participated in the thread and provided us with information about Jetter Mars.

I'm a big Arabian fan of Jetter Mars and pleased to be here among Jetter Mars' fans from all over the world. :blush:

I have a questions about Adios, the wandering robot:

By the way, he's one of my favorite characters! ;) Did they mention anything about his country of origin in the original Japanese version of the series? Someone told me that Adios was made in USA? Is he right?
Attachments
Adios The Wandering Robot.png
Adios The Wandering Robot.png (19.56 KiB) Viewed 18228 times

jeffbert
Minister of Science

See my new thread: JM #26, The Lonesome Wandering Robot!

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 10 years ago

I just have a few questions to ask.
Has anyone in the US rented the Vindex set of episodes yet?
Does it still work?
Is it legit?
And how exactly do you view the episodes? Is it online like with Netflix, or does it download into your computer? And after the 30 day rental is over, does it just delete itself off your computer, or do you have to do it manually?
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

"EyeOdyssey" wrote:I just have a few questions to ask.
Has anyone in the US rented the Vindex set of episodes yet?
Does it still work?
Is it legit?
And how exactly do you view the episodes? Is it online like with Netflix, or does it download into your computer? And after the 30 day rental is over, does it just delete itself off your computer, or do you have to do it manually?

This site is official, Toei Animation allowed Videx to offer episodes on their site. I’ll try to explain on how the website works the best I can.
Despite the site’s description stating that Videx’s videos are only viewable in Japan, I was able to view them. Although I don’t live in US, I’m sure that Videx would allow users from the US to download from the site. However, I only tried getting the episode that is free (the first episode) so it might be different for those who try to rent episodes which are not free. I heard that they do accept international credit cards but I’m not certain since I haven’t tried it yet. I think it’s a good idea to download the free episode before trying to rent the episodes that cost money.

Videx is sort of like an online Red Box in some ways ‘cause they offer cheap rentals. In order to download episodes, you have to have a Videx account. Once you sign up for Videx, you log in to your account and click on the episode you want to download. Then click on the shopping cart icon. The white icon allows you to download one episode; the yellow icon allows you to download the entire series. Then go to your shopping basket(買い物かご ;) to confirm your purchase by clicking the icon on the bottom right hand corner. Be careful; do not click the icon on the right beside the payment window because that would delete your “purchase”.

After that’s done click on My Page(マイページ ;) and click on the icon with the arrow that says “click here to download(ダウンロードはこちら ;) ”. Once you click it, a dropdown box will appear and it will offer two options. The first option will allow you to download the episode though Videx Station. Videx Station is a video player that, not only allows you play a video from the site, it allows you to download the episode(s) shortly. If you click on the second icon, you download the episode normally and you can play the episode(s) though Window’s Media Player. Downloading the episodes will take longer but you don’t need the Videx Station Program in order to play episodes.

You can get the program from Videx’s site though this link: http://www.videx.jp/vs/download_confirm.php?vsurl=https%3A%2F%2Fssv.videx.jp%2Fvssvc%2Fdlpitem%2F%3Fp%3D001165433023%26r%3D234429%26v%3D203583
The program is free.

Once you download the episode, press play, then a window will pop up were you put down your videx ID and your password. Then Videx uses this information to confirm that you legally purchased the episode from the site. Once it has, (this takes less than a second) you’ll be able to watch the episode.

The length of time you are allowed to watch the episodes would depend on if you rented the episodes individuality or not. Individual downloads will last 2 days and if you rent them as a pack it will last for 30 days. Once your time is up, then you cannot view them anymore and you have to download and pay for them again. The files will be useless and you have to delete them manually.

I hope this information helps you.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”