I graduate that year exactly. Class of 2015 :D

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

Dang it! I don't graduate 'til 2016 :p

cuejqi
Banned

Postby cuejqi » 12 years ago

What's the personality differences between Astro and Jetter Mars?What ability does Jteer Mars have(summary)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

In comparing both to PINOCCHIO, Atom is what he should be, how he ought to behave, while Mars is more like what he is, & how he does behave.
:p
Atom is too good to be true, while Mars is a typical little boy.

cuejqi
Banned

Postby cuejqi » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:In comparing both to PINOCCHIO, Atom is what he should be, how he ought to behave, while Mars is more like what he is, & how he does behave.

Your summary is too general,would you mind making it more detailed concret? :cool:

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:I graduate that year exactly. Class of 2015 :D

me two YAY
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

"cuejqi" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;147176]In comparing both to PINOCCHIO, Atom is what he should be, how he ought to behave, while Mars is more like what he is, & how he does behave.

Your summary is too general,would you mind making it more detailed concret? :cool: [/QUOTE]

You can say that Jetter Mars is playful. Which means he do slightly naughty things for fun. For abilities, Jetter Mars has super strength and he can fly. Oh yeah, one more thing, Jetter Mars is cuter than Astro Boy. However, Astro Boy is still my number one anime and character.
Last edited by Atomars on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Atom is only occasionally playful, but someone else must start it. In the FLOWER MONSTER episode, Uran shoots him with her finger, & he performs a Western movie-style death scene. In LONELY ATOM (which has no English version), a boy shoots Atom just ass Uran did. But other than these occasions, I cannot think of any example of Atom pretending.

Atom seems to lack imagination, for he cannot think of anything he would like to become. Of course, he had Dr. O remove his super powers so he could live with hope of becoming better at the things he did. In another version of the same story, he wanted to experience fear. Mars imagined becoming a movie star portraying a gun fighter or a Tarzan-type. Check this thread:

05 The Best Robot Talent In History (JET MARS)

Note Mars' imagining, & when big sister Miri collapses, he soon forgets about her, & loses himself in his new career. Atom would never put anything above his litttle sister's welfare. If you mess with her, he will mess with you. This is constant in all versions featuring Uran (Astrogirl). I am sure he also experiences fear.

Atom puts responsibility 1st, Mars puts fun 1st.

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 12 years ago

It's nice to see people are still interested in Jetter Mars, and Atom :)
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

Saruta
Metro City Citizen

Postby Saruta » 12 years ago

The Russian dub of Jetter Mars is NOT a fandub.

It sounds like a fandub because it is over the Japanese sound, and becaose it obviously has one or two male voices trying to sound "different" for all the cast including females. But this is just because it's low-budget. It was made in the very early 90s for a TV channel named "2x2", which was, at the time, a new and somewhat experimental channel.

It was shown on TV. I watched some of it as a schoolboy in Moscow. I did not really like it. I like it much better now though.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”