180 THE BLUE KNIGHT pt 2

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Nothing anyone says anymore is going to change anything.

Good freaking bye.

Suit yourself! But I for one have found this discussion fascinating! Thank you and rather than say good bye, I'll just say ta-ta for now!

I :heart: :astro: :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

:lol: "Is the robot CUT MAN a ripoff, or an homage to Cuzco?"
Dr. Jerk, you leaped upon the term RIPOFF, as though it were an accusation, but ignored the context in which it appeared. ;) :D What a can of worms I opened!

Thanks to all who have defended me in my absence. :astro: I have been noting similarities between Atom's adventures & other stories, both before & after the dates of Atom's adventures. Tezuka had a habit of using both characters & plot elements, as well as entire stories, in his own stories. While it is abundantly clear that others have borrowed from him as well. No shame in that, unless-- but we all know that argument, so as it is a different corpus, I will skip it.

Anyway, Dr. Jerk, it seems you are very opinionated, yet, you even admitted in your own posts that you knew little about those topics (in other threads). Your zealousness far exceeds your knowledge of these things. Who cares if there is no official article that says MEGAMAN was inspired by Atom? It is apparent that

1. Atom came 1st - 1951 Vs. 1987
  2. Cuzco came before CUTMAN; 1965 - 66 Vs. 1987 & later
  3. BOTH clearly have scissors on either their heads or backs

If the guys who wrote the books that omit any mention of the similarities, can figure out such things, why can't we? Perhaps they did write about this, but it was cut by editors? :hyo: Why become so angry?

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I DO SEE THAT THEY HAVE SCISSORS ON THEIR HEADS.

And the books did not have cut out anything. In fact, that's one of the reasons why the art books are so often.

There is still no official source. It's bad enough that I hear people constantly comparing Mega to Atom like some rip-off.
Last edited by AprilSeven on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing offensive comments

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

You will never make it with such a short fuse, my friend. :p You are so pushed out of shape by the mere fact that people disagree with you. I was young once, and may have had a similar attitude with certain things. I was not a happy camper.

Lighten up! :lol: If I say that Cuzco may have inspired cutman, you are at my throat! I then say that I base this solely on a physical similarity, & you are still at my throat! You then say that books you have read make no mention of any similarities, much less that one character was modeled on another. That is fine, but what did those authors' friends say about their opinions before their books were published? I can imagine that some may have disagreed with some of their opinions. By your standard, nothing counts until published in a book, unless it is your opinion. ;)

Do I become your enemy simply because I have my own opinions?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

The Blue Knight episode follows the Manga story closely enough that if you have read the Dark Horse translation you can understand this video without knowing any Japanese. There were some variations between the Anime and Manga, in the Anime it is the Blue Knight who tells the story of his origin, while it is revealed by his creator in the Manga. Also in the Manga, Astro is destroyed as a lead-in to a following story, while in the Anime he merely loses his right arm. However, in the final scene where Astro walks into the sunset to take a look at the remains of the Blue Knight he has both arms, although there is no hint that Ochanomizu had repaired him yet. CONSISTENCY NOT!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

I have reprints of the original version of the manga, & there were a few changes in the version that DH translated. :blush: But without looking at my notes, I cannot say what they are.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”