Do you think there will be another Astro Boy television series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!

Do you think there will be another Astro Boy television series?

Yes, sometime between now and 2020
51%
Yes, sometime between 2020 and 2040
26%
Yes, sometime after 2040
3%
No
20%

Total votes: 35

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"Ataru Moroboshi" wrote:I think it would be an unconvinience unless they make the Astroboy Tezuka envisioned for the 80s (according to Frederick Schodt): a parody series with lots of wacky humour in the same vein of Don Dracula. The other producers stopped his plans, and we only get to see what it would come to be in the chapters directed by Osamu Tezuka himself.

Wasn't that what he did with his 1981 manga? As for episodes from the 80's anime worked on by Tezuka, they're mostly the Atlas episodes and not all that comedy-like. I'll admit there's the Black Jack episode that's pretty funny though.
I'm on Twitter.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

Here's another question. Does Astro really NEED one?
All I think Astro needs is a re-dub. FUNIMATION! HEAR OUR PLEA!

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I say "YES THERE WILL!"

Check out this thread and read the response Atomars got from Tezuka Productions!

[url]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=141625&postcount=123[/url]

Excited.gif
Excited.gif (497.78 KiB) Viewed 5696 times

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 12 years ago

There was a series in the 60's, 80's and 00's, so there should be one in the 20's, it just makes sense
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote: :D If I ever succede there will be. That is my goal in life, to become an animator in Japan then help with the making of the new Astro series :D

Holy crud you read my mind XD
After the movie came out I wondered if Imagi would start making a new 3D series. Unfortunately all thought plans were corrupted when they went bankrupt. :astro:
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

After the 2003 series i don't think there will be it wasn't bad or anything but in that series American producers told the Japanese what to do :shifty:

Of course they could just make another series for let's say like Tezuka's 100 year anniversary but i don't see it happening for some reason.

But Pluto would defenetly be great although it is sad to see that none of Uraswa's Manga have been made into Anime 20th Century Boys won the Eisner awards this year but neither Toei,MadHouse,TMS,Studio Pierrot,(ghibli) or wich ever studio that could do it seem to be intresed in adapating his complacated manga.

Maybe a change for Tezuka Productions to finaly make something again ?
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:After the 2003 series i don't think there will be it wasn't bad or anything but in that series American producers told the Japanese what to do :shifty:

Of course they could just make another series for let's say like Tezuka's 100 year anniversary but i don't see it happening for some reason.

But Pluto would defenetly be great although it is sad to see that none of Uraswa's Manga have been made into Anime 20th Century Boys won the Eisner awards this year but neither Toei,MadHouse,TMS,Studio Pierrot,(ghibli) or wich ever studio that could do it seem to be intresed in adapating his complacated manga.

Maybe they need to change Astro Boy's appearance or perhaps the storyline in order to make it more interesting to younger viewers :unsure: . One day, I hope I can buy Astro Boy character from Tezuka Productions and make Astro Boy relive his glory years again :astro: .
Last edited by Atomars on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:After the 2003 series i don't think there will be it wasn't bad or anything but in that series American producers told the Japanese what to do :shifty:

Monster was adapted to anime, and it's one of the most well rated anime series there is. I think there's great potential for Pluto to follow suit.
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;154771]After the 2003 series i don't think there will be it wasn't bad or anything but in that series American producers told the Japanese what to do :shifty:

Monster was adapted to anime, and it's one of the most well rated anime series there is. I think there's great potential for Pluto to follow suit.[/QUOTE]O well :lol: i haven't even read Pluto yet and 20th century boys won the Eisner awards and that hasn't even been made into an anime i know Urasawa is really good but i heard somewhere that many studio's prefer not to take his complicated works so i thouht that maybe none of his stories where made into anime so Monster is the only one huh.

I have almost been caught up to English Tezuka manga i only have to get Black Jack v 15 so i might pick up some more Urasawa stuff besides pluto wich i already have.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Rick
Metro City Citizen

Postby Rick » 12 years ago

I hope :lol:

And i hope that the serie comes to Germany.
I want a Astro Boy serie in Germany :mad:
That is...that we have not the 80 neither the 2003
serie here.

Please Astro, come to Germany :astro: :)
Astro love the Earth and the Earth love Astro. :astro:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”