How long have you been a fan of Astro Boy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

How long have you been a fan of Astro Boy?

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Just as the topic title says.

Some of you may know that I am actually still pretty new to this franchise. To be honest, I actually became a fan a month before I joined this forum! So for me, that would mean that I have been a fan for 10 months now.

I'm asking because I know a lot of you have loved this series much, much longer than I have. I think it will be interesting to compare how long we have been a fan of this franchise.

So just out of curiosity, how long have you guys been a fan of Astro Boy?

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Since I first saw it (as a little girl) back in January of 1964!!! I used to drive my parents crazy because they'd always pick Saturday night to go shopping. Lucky for me, the supermarket was a lot like a Walmart, and in addition to food, they had a TV dept., so I would go over there at 6:30 to watch Astro as my parents shopped!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

@Aprilseven; ^^ thats cool... I've been a fan for about 14 months now. And its almost a year since I found out about the forum and joined asap :lol: ;o; wow a whole year! :lol: my longest fandom ever! :lol:

Astroboy599
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astroboy599 » 12 years ago

ever since I first saw him in 2003, 8 years ago :D
Astro: "Dr. O'shay....... Do I have to do my homework?" O'shay: "yes Astro, you must do your homework" Astro: "darn it!"

鉄腕アトムのルール :astro:
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aang599?feature=mhee

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 12 years ago

about 7 years ago, when I first became depressed, and needed something to fanacize with, to escape my home life....
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

I have been a fan for 10 years now

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

About a year and a half ago when I watched the 09 movie.
I had just finished my WordGirl obsession and was a bit sad until I found a new superhero to fantisize about. :lol:
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Since I first saw the 2003 version on Toonami. But I eventually forgot about it after it stopped airing.

My interest returned after my mother showed me the 2009 movie DVD last year. Except this time I had access to the wonders of the internet, so I was able to let my curiosity run wild and looked up tons of things, and the more I did the more I liked the Astro Boy series. :) Eventually I found myself here. :lol:

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 12 years ago

I started being a fan with the '09 movie on my birthday of October 23, 2009, which coincidentally was the same day that the '09 movie came out :lol: . I had then found the '03 series several months later and then found this forum nearly a year later O.o I then went through the rest of the years of Astro Boy and now I am trying to re-watch the '03 series english sub.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

Oh! You are all so young! I guess AprilSeven and I seem to be the only ones who have been with Astro Boy since he first traveled from Japan to the USA back in the 1960s. He was always my favorite cartoon character as a kid and I rediscovered him back in the 1980s when VHS tapes started turning up at sci-fi and comic book conventions. I bought tapes which featured cartoons I remembered and Astro Boy was the only one I felt could still hold my attention as an adult. I have been collecting almost any thing and every thing I could about Astro Boy since then.

That is why, I :heart: :astro: :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”