The Other Episodes of the 1963 Anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Executor
Kokoro Robot

The Other Episodes of the 1963 Anime

Postby Executor » 12 years ago

193 episodes, as we all know, were made. 104 of these 193 were dubbed.

I can't really find much info on the remaining 89 in the order they aired (and I only saw the series finale).

What were some of these like? Were any of these undubbed stories remade in the 1980 series or influence the 2003 version?

I'd like to know!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Offhand, I think only the very last episode was ever even subtitled in English. Together he official RIGHT STUF boxed sets have 4 or 5 subbed eps, including that one.

Several B&W episodes were also featured in the 1980s series, but that is more likely because they were popular as comics, than that they were so good in the B&W series.

The 2003 series drew influence from the entire corpus of manga & animated stories. I have made threads on many of these: #101 through 150

& 151 through 193

Note that not all are there as threads.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Offhand, I think only the very last episode was ever even subtitled in English. Together he official RIGHT STUF boxed sets have 4 or 5 subbed eps, including that one. Note that not all are there as threads.

Err, rather, I mean that other than those among the 104 that were dubbed, only #193 was rendered in English.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”