Astro Boy (1980) and Black Jack now streaming on Viki (translations in progress)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 12 years ago

What is the work exactly? Each sub must be added to the video by hand? Is there a long rendering time? Is there a specific software to use?
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"fafner" wrote:What is the work exactly? Each sub must be added to the video by hand? Is there a long rendering time? Is there a specific software to use?

It's done through the site directly after registering an account and asking the channel moderator to become a segmenter. You just need to have your web browser and a media player playing the fansub, both side by side.

Except when the site becomes slow, everything works really fast, and the lines you enter are uploaded in real time, so you can stop and take a break in the middle of an episode whenever you want. There's also shortcut keys for nearly everything, like Up and Down to move through the video, and Space at the end of a no-voice segment, or after a character talks (then you select "En" and write the line).
I'm on Twitter.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

This is so exciting! Don Dracula (all subbed), Ambassador Magma (half subbed), Legend of the Forest (silent movie), Marvelous Melmo, The Three-Eyed One, Blue Blink, and Jungle Emperor Leo the Movie were just added to Viki.

In fact more than half those titles were added after I made this post. The floodgates have literally been opened and I hope they keep coming.
Last edited by F-Man on Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

HOW ABOUT THE REMAINDER OF THE 1960'S ASTRO BOY (the Japanese episodes that never got translated)!!! I posted that request, c'mon fellow ABO members, go and request this so we can see ALL of Tezuka's original anime. That mean we'll also see Cobalt and Ti-tan!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"AprilSeven" wrote:HOW ABOUT THE REMAINDER OF THE 1960'S ASTRO BOY (the Japanese episodes that never got translated)!!! I posted that request, c'mon fellow ABO members, go and request this so we can see ALL of Tezuka's original anime. That mean we'll also see Cobalt and Ti-tan!!

On Nozomi Entertainment's Youtube right? I already showed my support there, but now you made me ask Viki about it as well on their blog. :D My comment needs to await moderation though.
I'm on Twitter.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

:w00t: i WILL BE WATCHING DD; SEE YOU later!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I know what I'm going to do next weekend!!! :w00t:

Thanks for those great news!!! :D

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

This is so exciting hope even more comes around soon only downside for me with this is that i might never going to watch some of my Italian Tezuka dvd's this way :d oh: but o well.

But everyone gotta sign in to Viki and follow to all those series to give them as much support as possible.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:This is so exciting hope even more comes around soon only downside for me with this is that i might never going to watch some of my Italian Tezuka dvd's this way :d oh: but o well.

Funny you say that cause I think that some of those series might only get translated via fans using the Italian boxsets and translating those subs into English.

Either that, or I guess Viki will translate themselves anything that gets enough views, but that could take a very long time. When done with Black Jack, I'm gonna move to sub The Three-Eyed One based on the bootleg subs.
I'm on Twitter.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Don Dracula's subs are about the same 'quality' as the bootleg subs we have seen in the 1980s & 2003 AB. :cry: :p

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”