Astro Boy (1980) and Black Jack now streaming on Viki (translations in progress)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

Gosh, I'm gonna be so busy.

Viki added 7 Tezuka TV Specials the other day. I've been subbing Marine Express, Bagi, and Galaxy Investigation 2100. Halfway there now.

But now, they also added Kimba '89, which I need to sub the first four episodes, and The Tale of Osamu Tezuka, which I need to sub the first half and the conclusion!

The later is in excellent quality for Viki standards. It's just like watching a DVD.
Last edited by F-Man on Thu May 31, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

F-Man you are the BEST!!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

It keeps getting more and more Lion book movies,Phoenix movies and Bible stories next ?
In any case there gonna catch up to the stuff from Tezuka Productions if they keep this up come on with the Mushi stuff please :(

And @F-Man if you need some of my Italian subs from my DVD's just ask i know translating those to english is kinda inaccurate but it still would be better than nothing if there not out there

while i could at lest contributte to vicki by putting the english translation from some of his short movies that have have dialog in it on Viki kinda weird none has done that so far.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:while i could at lest contributte to vicki by putting the english translation from some of his short movies that have have dialog in it on Viki kinda weird none has done that so far.

Cause those translations are copyrighted to someone else.
I'm on Twitter.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Tetsuwan Atom: sorry, I forgot that #JollyRoger@irc.rizon.net did fansub Memory, Mermaid, Tale of a Street Corner, and Male (soon available) before they came out on DVD in the US. You'd just have to ask them permission.

The Lion Books OVAs are definitely coming, by the way.

I dunno about the Italian subs... They're somewhat lower priority to me since the DVDs are out there and easy to buy. I think I might consider doing The Three-Eyed One by improving the bootleg subs when everything else is done.

Speaking of "done," 4 episodes of Kimba '89 here. I quite enjoyed them. :) Really wish people fluent in Japanese continue it, or just start creating Tezuka fansubs for the site in general. Other than two episodes of Marvelous Melmo, so far nobody has.

EDIT: it's too bad that Anime News Network is really not helping. The week when 7 TV specials were added, and ANN posted the weekly stream list, they had this for Viki:

Even when they did note the Black Jack OVAs the week prior, instead of just saying "(no sub)," they could've said "(fansubbers wanted)" and link to asking Viki to contribute for a show.

I can't even find ANN's contact info.
Last edited by F-Man on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm on Twitter.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

The Lion Books are up. =)

http://www.viki.com/channels/new_videos?utf8=%E2%9C%93&category=all&country=jp&subtitle_language_code=all

Hopefully someone fansubs them (as with everything else).

Rain Boy even includes the English version. Not sure why Yamataro Comes Back doesn't? Not that I really mind, I have the DVD.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:The Lion Books are up. =)

http://www.viki.com/channels/new_videos?utf8=%E2%9C%93&category=all&country=jp&subtitle_language_code=all

Rain Boy even includes the English version. Not sure why Yamataro Comes Back doesn't? Not that I really mind, I have the DVD.
You mean that's on DVD in English ? I have never seen it before will you give a link

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;200414]The Lion Books are up. =)

You mean that's on DVD in English ? I have never seen it before will you give a link[/QUOTE]

Yep but from Japan, and they're out of print.

Rain Boy (English) and The Green Cat
Yamataro Comes Back (English) and Lunn Flies to the Wind

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Thanks for the update, F-Man!

:p i HAVE THE ACTUAL BOOKS, vols 6 & 7, anyway; between them, 3 stories that were adapted into THE MIGHTY ATOM B&W series. :p

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 11 years ago

This site is great. Having a bunch of the japanese versions subbed is great to be able to watch. Is it possible to download the japanese astroboy anywhere? I own the english release, but wouldn't mind having the subbed version on the computer or something.

Im going to check out Marvellous Melmo. I hope one day Ribon no Kishi is put up on this site!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”