ASTROBOY SEASON 2003

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
I'm on Twitter.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"avatargirl" wrote:HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

Pluto in anime form is coming... 2013 for the first volume seems very likely.
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
Really ? i was considering to at least buy the second Japanese set it is pout out in Japanese in 36 discs !!!! you would think all 193 episodes would be on there there really are a few missing ? :eek:
And actually something that Rightstuff sad is conflicting with this because i heard Rightstuff and Madman actually only used the English audio but they din't got anything of the footage from that version used except for the intro and ending so they took the Japanese footage and edited out the parts that where cut out by NBC that's the reason why de footage is so clean and the audio sometimes so bad, so is this story messing itself up or something ?

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;200995]The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
Really ? i was considering to at least buy the second Japanese set it is pout out in Japanese in 36 discs !!!! you would think all 193 episodes would be on there there really are a few missing ? :eek:
And actually something that Rightstuff sad is conflicting with this because i heard Rightstuff and Madman actually only used the English audio but they din't got anything of the footage from that version used except for the intro and ending so they took the Japanese footage and edited out the parts that where cut out by NBC that's the reason why de footage is so clean and the audio sometimes so bad, so is this story messing itself up or something ?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I probably got it backwards then. But I know that at least one episode is in storyboard form, jeffbert posted screenshots before.
I'm on Twitter.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=avatargirl;200998]HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

Pluto in anime form is coming... 2013 for the first volume seems very likely.[/QUOTE]

They're making a Pluto anime for the 2013 anime season? Awesome! Do you know if Tezuka Productions is producing the animation?
Last edited by Prettywitchiusaka on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;200999][QUOTE=avatargirl;200998]HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

Pluto in anime form is coming... 2013 for the first volume seems very likely.[/QUOTE]

They're making a Pluto anime for the 2013 anime season? Awesome! Do you if Tezuka Productions is producing the animation?[/QUOTE]I sure hope so the only thing they have been doing the last years is distribution and even making other anime that has nothing to do with tezuka :shifty: but i can see MadHouse doing it unless it's already confirmed otherwise.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=Prettywitchiusaka;201002][QUOTE=F-Man;200999][QUOTE=avatargirl;200998]HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

They're making a Pluto anime for the 2013 anime season? Awesome! Do you if Tezuka Productions is producing the animation?[/QUOTE]I sure hope so the only thing they have been doing the last years is distribution and even making other anime that has nothing to do with tezuka :shifty: but i can see MadHouse doing it unless it's already confirmed otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, youd' think with all the money Tezuka Productions has, that they'd domore adaptation work of Tezuka's works. For example, maybe make a Rainbow Parakeet anime or something.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
Source? I have seen nothing of the Japanese version existing.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"astarisborn94" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;200995]The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
Source? I have seen nothing of the Japanese version existing.[/QUOTE]

You didn't even think to check Amazon Japan, CDJapan or YesAsia?
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”