ASTROBOY SEASON 2003

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

hi- HUGS - but is PLUTO as good and sweet and nice as ASTROBOY?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:hi- HUGS - but is PLUTO as good and sweet and nice as ASTROBOY?

Atom and all the other strongest robots in Pluto are extremely good and sweet and nice, and above all loving of life, which makes their fate all the more devastating. :( It's without a doubt a "remake" that shouldn't be missed.

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;200999][QUOTE=avatargirl;200998]HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

Pluto in anime form is coming... 2013 for the first volume seems very likely.[/QUOTE]

They're making a Pluto anime for the 2013 anime season? Awesome! Do you know if Tezuka Productions is producing the animation?[/QUOTE]

Masao Maruyama wants to make an 8-part OVA of it. He currently works at his new studio MAPPA, but with the financial troubles it's been having, I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to his previous studio, Madhouse, to create it.
I'm on Twitter.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI- THANKS F-MAN! THEIR FATES YOU MEAN THEY DO NOT CONTINUE ON HAPPILY? I LOVE SWEET AND GOOD AND NICE ROBOTS - THAT IS WHY I AM CRAZY OVER ASTROBOY AND LOVE IDEA OF HIM BEING KINDA GIRLY LIKE ME IN MY FANFICTION ABOUT HIM/ME- OOPS SAID TOO MUCH!- DOES EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAVE TO BE SAD? LOVE YOU F-MAN AND EVERYONE HERE- PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS- YOUR AVATARGIRL FRIEND ALWAYS F-MAN AND EVERYONE- YOUR AVATAR F-MAN IS SO DARLING CUTE SWEET

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

pluto is based on the strongest robot storry arc, the 2003 eps are the rise of p;uto and the fall or asharon (probably spelled it wrong but oh well).
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=avatargirl;201026]hi- HUGS - but is PLUTO as good and sweet and nice as ASTROBOY?

Atom and all the other strongest robots in Pluto are extremely good and sweet and nice, and above all loving of life, which makes their fate all the more devastating. :( It's without a doubt a "remake" that shouldn't be missed.

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;200999][QUOTE=avatargirl;200998]HI THANKS EVERYONE WISH AND PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! WISH THERE WOULD BE ASTROBOY 2013 SEASON!

Pluto in anime form is coming... 2013 for the first volume seems very likely.[/QUOTE]

They're making a Pluto anime for the 2013 anime season? Awesome! Do you know if Tezuka Productions is producing the animation?[/QUOTE]

Masao Maruyama wants to make an 8-part OVA of it. He currently works at his new studio MAPPA, but with the financial troubles it's been having, I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to his previous studio, Madhouse, to create it.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well, hopefully he can get things under control at his company. I'd hate to see a production house fall due to financial trouble.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=astarisborn94;201012][QUOTE=F-Man;200995]The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
Source? I have seen nothing of the Japanese version existing.[/QUOTE]

You didn't even think to check Amazon Japan, CDJapan or YesAsia?[/QUOTE]No I did not. I have never imported anything in my life before. But I'll go check quickly.

Edit: Okay, just checked out CDJapan and found this: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=XT-1378

It has episodes that were never dubbed in the US version. And they're really expensive.

...But I really can't get myself to believe that this exist and is not just a scam. You'd think that by now they would be uploaded to YouTube (even thought that's illegal). And with a price that approaching $400 per disc, the last thing I want to do is buy one of those and turn out to get nothing (which is exactly why I am avoiding buying anything expensive until I can get receive a comfortable living standard, which won't be for years).

Still, if what they're selling isn't a scam and truly are the supposed "lost episodes", I am prepared to spend up to $5,000 on that series alone once I get the money for it (which again won't be for awhile) and learn Japanese fluently. If both can be done and if I can get as many of the episodes as possible, I pledge to give a detailed review of the entire Japanese series and try to put it on my computer to save it so that the data can be saved and I can prove that this does exist.
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;201019][QUOTE=astarisborn94;201012][QUOTE=F-Man;200995]The Japanese version still exists, but it's true that they might have used the video from the English version and mixed in the Japanese audio into them for some if not most of the episodes. There are only a few that are completely lost or replaced by storyboards.
Source? I have seen nothing of the Japanese version existing.[/QUOTE]

You didn't even think to check Amazon Japan, CDJapan or YesAsia?[/QUOTE]No I did not. I have never imported anything in my life before. But I'll go check quickly.

Edit: Okay, just checked out CDJapan and found this: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=XT-1378

It has episodes that were never dubbed in the US version. And they're really expensive.

...But I really can't get myself to believe that this exist and is not just a scam. You'd think that by now they would be uploaded to YouTube (even thought that's illegal). And with a price that approaching $400 per disc, the last thing I want to do is buy one of those and turn out to get nothing (which is exactly why I am avoiding buying anything expensive until I can get receive a comfortable living standard, which won't be for years).

Still, if what they're selling isn't a scam and truly are the supposed "lost episodes", I am prepared to spend up to $5,000 on that series alone once I get the money for it (which again won't be for awhile) and learn Japanese fluently. If both can be done and if I can get as many of the episodes as possible, I pledge to give a detailed review of the entire Japanese series and try to put it on my computer to save it so that the data can be saved and I can prove that this does exist.[/QUOTE]I am in the unfortunate position that i have to import anything interesting, living is such a boring country as the Netherlands and i can tell you this on offical websites no one is ripping you off yes Japanese DVD's are expensive as hell while most manga there for example are even cheaprer than anywhere else in the world :d oh:

I have imported huge dvd sets from Japan before and there well worded the pakage is always really nice and you always get a booklet but in inside is many times really lazy, the Discs would be packed into transparant cases but it's fine you can take them out verry easy and pout them back in easy.

As for the Japanese version exsisting on the internet there is actually some out there if you look it up in Japanese but the main reason it isn't much out there is the fact that even in Japan the kind of pepole owing these classical tezuka sets are collectors only that woudn't even do that, that also being the reason why there are so expensive there is a verry specific audience for it.

As for there not even being subs or anything like that on it i know it's annoying as hell and it will keep most pepole considering of buying it away but that's just the way it is if you have read all of the manga it kind of will do.
that's the way i could actually understand what was going on in the Dororo anime having read the manga recently before that and in the case of this Astro Boy series in many episodes dialogue is not quite the most importand thing anyway.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

astarisborn94, I don't get your insistence that these episodes were lost. It's almost humorous at this point. It's not like no one on here has these DVDs: Jeffbert keeps posting topics where he quickly reviews episodes from the sets, plus there's longtime member Atoman, and my friend Theamazingatom, among others. I was watching the Strongest Robot on Earth episodes in Japanese just the other day (after reading Pluto and re-reading the original manga chapter), and I've seen plenty of streams of the episodes on Asian sites. The US boxsets even include 5 episodes subbed as extras. (one of which is with commentary from the animators)

As for being expensive, last I checked it was less per episode than the US sets, but not anymore since the US sets have decreased in price.

First box
Second box

$1.84 per episode still isn't bad.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Okay, I'm a little confused . . . Is this Pluto anime [B]in addition to [/B]the live-action/CGI movie of Pluto?

I also wonder if possibly Tezuka or some other company might release the entire original atom/astro boy anime with subs (not dubs) to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the original anime in 2014.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"AprilSeven" wrote:Okay, I'm a little confused . . . Is this Pluto anime [B]in addition to [/B]the live-action/CGI movie of Pluto?

Yes, in fact Illumination probably had a little idea of everything that was planned; I don't think they would have wanted to make a big budget movie based on something that's only shown up in manga form.

"AprilSeven" wrote:I also wonder if possibly Tezuka or some other company might release the entire original atom/astro boy anime with subs (not dubs) to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the original anime in 2014.

That would be really nice. But the cost to translate 193 episodes would be astounding... Hopefully they can have some sort of pledge-based supporting system for this at some point.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”