ASTROBOY SEASON 2003

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:astarisborn94, I don't get your insistence that these episodes were lost. It's almost humorous at this point. It's not like no one on here has these DVDs: Jeffbert keeps posting topics where he quickly reviews episodes from the sets, plus there's longtime member Atoman, and my friend Theamazingatom, among others. I was watching the Strongest Robot on Earth episodes in Japanese just the other day (after reading Pluto and re-reading the original manga chapter), and I've seen plenty of streams of the episodes on Asian sites. The US boxsets even include 5 episodes subbed as extras. (one of which is with commentary from the animators)

As for being expensive, last I checked it was less per episode than the US sets, but not anymore since the US sets have decreased in price.

First box
Second box

$1.84 per episode still isn't bad.
Okay then, I'll believe you. Was pretty upset when I thought it no longer existed as I heard from another person on Toonzone, but at least we can put to rest to that. Although I am shocked that you manage to find this at a such low price, which is good. Maybe if I save up as much as I can and take Japanese, I could get this during my college years.

Thought I do have to ask this, how many people know the Japanese version still exist? Have many people figured it out or is it mostly exclusive people like us who are into stuff from Tezuka?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:Thought I do have to ask this, how many people know the Japanese version still exist? Have many people figured it out or is it mostly exclusive people like us who are into stuff from Tezuka?

I think that people would usually take it for granted that it still exists. :confused:
I'm on Twitter.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=astarisborn94;201067]Thought I do have to ask this, how many people know the Japanese version still exist? Have many people figured it out or is it mostly exclusive people like us who are into stuff from Tezuka?

I think that people would usually take it for granted that it still exists. :confused: [/QUOTE]I don't know about that.

There was an article here that stated that Astro Boy's master tapes were destroyed. Basically, it said that Tezuka Studio wanted to rerun this show on Japanese TV, but found it nowhere and decided to use the edited English version with Japanese subtitles. I think that's where people got the assumption that the Japanese version no longer existed (myself included), even thought the DVD of the entire series exist in Japan.
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;201068][QUOTE=astarisborn94;201067]Thought I do have to ask this, how many people know the Japanese version still exist? Have many people figured it out or is it mostly exclusive people like us who are into stuff from Tezuka?

I think that people would usually take it for granted that it still exists. :confused: [/QUOTE]I don't know about that.

There was an article here that stated that Astro Boy's master tapes were destroyed. Basically, it said that Tezuka Studio wanted to rerun this show on Japanese TV, but found it nowhere and decided to use the edited English version with Japanese subtitles. I think that's where people got the assumption that the Japanese version no longer existed, even thought the DVD of the entire series exist in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Sucks that misinformation is going around like this. Maybe it was true for a time but they eventually found tapes?

In any case, most people haven't stumbled upon this info. Even I never saw this before, and Astro Boy has been on my mind every day for years now, and I'm constantly browsing the net for stuff about it.

EDIT: I just checked the Japanese Wikipedia article. Apparently, it was just the "Midoro Swamp" episode that had been lost for many years, but when making DVDs in 2002, they found the audio tapes still in the US, and synchronized them to the video that was available (or something like that).
Last edited by F-Man on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HUG THANKS EVERYONE- STILL LOVE ALL THE EPISODES OF ASTROBOY so much- has anyone heard of the "TOBY PROJECT"- WAS A WEBSITE FROM AROUND 2000 AD I THINK? PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND ETERNAL SALVATION AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS! YOUR AVATARGIRL FRIEND ALWAYS WHO LOVES EVERYONE HERE

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”