ASTROBOY SEASON 2003

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Beyond the Stars

ASTROBOY SEASON 2003

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- HUGS- LOVE WATCHING EPISODES 31-40 OF ASTROBOY SEASON 2003 love how ASTROBOY WAS ABLE TO THINK and care! THOSE episodes are better then so many cartoons being made now. WISH THEY WOULD MAKE ANOTHER ASTROBOY series. PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS- YOUR AVATARGIRL FRIEND ALWAYS :) :wub: :heart: :astro:

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

all of astroboy is better then mose of the cartoons that exist today.

ya got the titles of those eps?????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

It's too bad Astro Boy fans in America gets the shaft when it comes to TV shows. We are missing a big chunk of the 1963 Astro Boy series, the 1980s series has yet to get the first two episodes in English, and the 2003 dub was butchered and doesn't look to ever get a fix.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:It's too bad Astro Boy fans in America gets the shaft when it comes to TV shows. We are missing a big chunk of the 1963 Astro Boy series, the 1980s series has yet to get the first two episodes in English, and the 2003 dub was butchered and doesn't look to ever get a fix.
You're right all of those things will most likely never be fixed and even in Darkhorse manga edition they cut some stories out but the first 2 episodes from the 1980 series are in Madman's dvd version subtitled so that's not a bigie a real astro fan should get that release even if there's a lack of the Japanese track for the other episodes.

The 2003 series Dub is pretty terrible but it's the best thing to go with they only cut out a few scene's,

and the 60's version is a hole other beast on his own not only there's a lack of 89 episodes that have top notch animation compared to the early episodes and have more action in them but also the episodes we actually got where so edited while you would not notice with all the gag moments going on as the series procressed there was quite some violence in them that was cut out also entire episodes like the strongest robot in the world etc.

Also i want a subtitled release of that (awfull) live action series wich most likely will never happpen :mad:

so yeha you americans really messed up Astro Boy if you think about it :lol:
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

well when some studio tries to improve on a great story they tend to hose it.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HUGS I JUST KNOW WHEN I WATCH THOSE 10 EPISODES I BECAME EVEN MORE FANGIRLY THEN I WAS! GIGGLES HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? ALREADY LOVE ASTROBOY AND WANT HIM TO BE JUST LIKE ME- OOPS MAYBE SHOULD SAY I WANT TO BE GIRLY GIRL VERSION OF HER- HUGS SWEETLY- HI

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=astarisborn94;200773]It's too bad Astro Boy fans in America gets the shaft when it comes to TV shows. We are missing a big chunk of the 1963 Astro Boy series, the 1980s series has yet to get the first two episodes in English, and the 2003 dub was butchered and doesn't look to ever get a fix.
You're right all of those things will most likely never be fixed and even in Darkhorse manga edition they cut some stories out but the first 2 episodes from the 1980 series are in Madman's dvd version subtitled so that's not a bigie a real astro fan should get that release even if there's a lack of the Japanese track for the other episodes.

The 2003 series Dub is pretty terrible but it's the best thing to go with they only cut out a few scene's,

and the 60's version is a hole other beast on his own not only there's a lack of 89 episodes that have top notch animation compared to the early episodes and have more action in them but also the episodes we actually got where so edited while you would not notice with all the gag moments going on as the series procressed there was quite some violence in them that was cut out also entire episodes like the strongest robot in the world etc.

Also i want a subtitled release of that (awfull) live action series wich most likely will never happpen :mad:

so yeha you americans really messed up Astro Boy if you think about it :lol: [/QUOTE]Heck, I've even heard that the only version that remains for the black & white TV show is the edited dub. No Japanese version is alive anymore.

Blame NBC for this.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

Seriously? You know, considering that Astro Boy was a big acheivement as far as anime was concerned, you'd think Tezuka Productions would take better care of this...Or at the very least, NBC would have.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:Seriously? You know, considering that Astro Boy was a big acheivement as far as anime was concerned, you'd think Tezuka Productions would take better care of this...Or at the very least, NBC would have.
Like many pre-1970s shows, it was the victim of having it's master destroyed, leaving us with the edited version we have today. It is a huge shame to say this least and it shocked me when I found out about it yesterday (blame my lack of knowledge of pre 1990s TV).

Ever since I've gotten back into anime, the Astro Boy franchise uncut has been my #1 most desired. I was prepared to spent tons of money on it (when I get it, which won't be for quite a few years) and learn to fluently speak and understand Japanese just for this. That news put me in a very bad mood to say the least.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 11 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:Seriously? You know, considering that Astro Boy was a big acheivement as far as anime was concerned, you'd think Tezuka Productions would take better care of this...Or at the very least, NBC would have.

Technically, it was Mushi Production, which was bankrupted in the 70s. Tezuka Production took over afterwards, but I think they didn't recover everything from Mushi Production.

If I remember correctly, NBC wanted to send the masters back at Mushi Production. Because they were bankrupted, NBC didn't know what to do with the masters. Guess what happened next ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”