154 Blue Bird Story

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

154 Blue Bird Story

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

This episode appears to use the basic plot of RED CAT, but instead of a cat & a man dressed as an anthropomorphic cat, this guy uses a robot bird.

BTW, how many :tezuka: can you find in the following images?

The guy in the back row wearing the gray sailor's hat is Baba Noboru, whom the Tezuka character guide describes thus:

Baba Noboru (Baka no boru (Horse Racing's Overcharge))
Baba Noboru cartoonist model. Tezuka Osamu, a lot of friends who own a "guest appearance" had been made, treatment was the best friend he is selling, not all regular guests.

'BAKA' IS OFTEN TRANSLATED 'IDIOT'. In W3 manga, he is Shinichi's judo instructor. You may have seen him in the panels leading up to Uran's ROBOTTING match. Other than his role in W3, I have seen him only as a background character. :p

So, just as Professor Devilcat caused trouble, & had been a friend of Ochanomizu, thus giving Ochanomizu hopes of persuading him to cease the attacks, so, it seems here, also.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

If anyone wants an animated GIF of this, just PM me.

:lol:

It appears that people begin releasing their pet/captive birds in response to the man's threats.

But, then massive destruction. Why, if all the demand was, was to release the birds? I have not watched this since '06, so, I am at a loss for why, etc.

Passengers or crew, Tick & Tock are their usual pathetic selves

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

There is a bird catching stage in Tetsuwan Atom for Super Famicom which may be based in that episode. However, no Professor Nekomata and Inspector Tawashi was the one who requested the bird to be captured.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I ought to run this again, & see if I can catch the man's name.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE IMAGES: ONLY THE 1ST 1 DISPLAYS, & MOST ADDRESSES ARE WEIRD!
"jeffbert" wrote:Image
This episode appears to use the basic plot of RED CAT, but instead of a cat & a man dressed as an anthropomorphic cat, this guy uses a robot bird.

BTW, how many :tezuka: can you find in the following images?

The guy in the back row wearing the gray sailor's hat is Baba Noboru, whom the Tezuka character guide describes thus:

Baba Noboru (Baka no boru (Horse Racing's Overcharge))
Baba Noboru cartoonist model. Tezuka Osamu, a lot of friends who own a "guest appearance" had been made, treatment was the best friend he is selling, not all regular guests.

'BAKA' IS OFTEN TRANSLATED 'IDIOT'. In W3 manga, he is Shinichi's judo instructor. You may have seen him in the panels leading up to Uran's ROBOTTING match. Other than his role in W3, I have seen him only as a background character. :p

So, just as Professor Devilcat caused trouble, & had been a friend of Ochanomizu, thus giving Ochanomizu hopes of persuading him to cease the attacks, so, it seems here, also.

I edited the addresses of a few, removing the extraneous text following '.jpg', but nothing displays.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 10 years ago

If anyone wants an animated GIF of this, just PM me.

Haha! :w00t: I'm sure this will be a funny GIF :D :astro: :astro: :astro:

Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 10 years ago

I fixed the images, apparently a bug in the import software.
Restless guardian of this forum.

Despair spammer ye who enter here.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Oh good! I was trying to figure out what was going on with this about 1 am today! Thanks, V!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

I think this was the only episode in the 1960's series where Atom attended a human school with human students, and Mustacheio as his teacher. In all of the other episodes where he was in school it was a Robot school with robot students and a robot teacher.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Hmm. I think you may be right, good observation. I certainly can't remember any other episode where he was in school with humans. Though it was obvious that the 1960s anime had him have human friends (such as Tamao).

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”