Atom becoming a piece of museum?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Toshio
Banned

Atom becoming a piece of museum?

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

There is a special movie which Atom decide to shut down and become a piece of museum, however he leaves Dr. Ochanomizu and Uran (who loses her brother and become alone, Dr Ochanomizu remains with her, but still...).
I don't quite like the idea since it becomes a deconstruction of Atom, not just that, but when he is reactivated, the world turned into a sort of post-apocalypse era.
I personally find painful the idea of Atom shutting down himself to be a piece of museum and them leaving Uran behind.
Last edited by Toshio on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

Astro would never leave anyone that needs him
and I'm not just talking about Uran and Dr Ochanomizu.

And what would be the point of becomeing a museum piece???
Astro lives life, even the hard bits!
Last edited by Gemstone2474 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
*ABSCOND*

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 11 years ago

There's much to consider when it comes to Astro's future. He would eventually have to deal with Doctor O passing away. His school mates would grow older asnd eventially they would pass on. I couldn't say for sure that Astro would want to hang around, eventually he's going to become a costly thing to maintain in the Ministry's budget. I think he might tell Reno to deactivate him after Reno's 50th Birthday and he ends up in some big box filled ware house in the ministry building where 1000 years later some worker ripping down the building finds the dusty box, opens it and out pops Astro signing....

Hello my Baby, hello my honey, hello my rag time gal.....
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

However, Atom would like to keep living in a society where robots live peacefully and it's scary to think about robot haters reappearing and taking advantage that he shutted down himself. And then convincing humans that robots should not coexist with them.
What I would afraid is the fact of Uran being destroyed while he was a piece of museum.
It's a deconstruction of the tale as the future even turned bad in that special.
And Atom had to be reactivated again, but he'll face the consequences of shutting down himself.
Last edited by Toshio on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Well here is an interesting story idea:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8120172/1/Lost-Art-Star-Trek-TNGAstro-Boy
Take Astro fast forward to the 24th century into the STTNG universere.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 11 years ago

its a very sad and interesting idea for the story line of astro boy. plus if you did see or read the last ep of astro boy and when i mean watch it im talking about the japanese one where he flies himself into the sun saving man kind. meaning yes tezuka already knew prior that astro wouldnt really or couldnt live forever in a technical sense due to the fact everyone would grow up around him. and in a way astro represents the child in all of us and also symbolization forever youth. and the fact the story would prob get very awkward with all of his peeps going thru puberty. thus the last ep of astro boy dying. not to mention that there is someting about a hero dying in anime that like means something but i totally forgot what it means
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”