What if Astro was made now???

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BlueCore
Robot President

What if Astro was made now???

Postby BlueCore » 11 years ago

Obvious we are very advised here in the year 2012.
But we aren't close to having technology for an Astro Boy.
So if we had a tenma that had a late son named Toby and tenma just happened to be a mad scientist, and created Astro, then what would he look like?

Now I know astro would be designed after Toby, he probably wouldn't have authentic fake skin... So you would be about to see his joints, sort of like the 1980s anime. His movement would be slower than normal and his eyes would probably make noise when they closed. He would probably be able to react to words and noise.
Anyone care to add anything else???
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

It would be completely possible for him to look quite like a person if he were made now. (Example: Kokoro's Actroid.) Maybe something like how Atom looked in the Pluto comic by Urasawa. But I agree he probably wouldn't be as advanced with things such as the A.I's programming.

As for the weapons and stuff... that's a different story. I think Tenma probably wouldn't be allowed to make what could be perceived as a walking weapon in the image of a child.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

hi- hugs- I once seen- oh girl! seen the movie DARYL more then once- ASTROBOY would be probably a lot like the robotic boy in this movie- cute and sweet and loving caring as well as intelligent! I love the movie - he even flew a advance plane so he could get back to the family that care about him! PRAY THE BEST FOR EVERYONE!

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Artificial inteligence is not too advanced for what I searched.
Anyway, there are a lot of stuff about Atom which would be impossible to represent in real life.
Also, If Tezuka Productions were involved in the android project, then it would be funny.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

DARYL

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:hi- hugs- I once seen- oh girl! seen the movie DARYL more then once- ASTROBOY would be probably a lot like the robotic boy in this movie- cute and sweet and loving caring as well as intelligent! I love the movie - he even flew a advance plane so he could get back to the family that care about him! PRAY THE BEST FOR EVERYONE!

DARYL was actually an inverse cyborg, IE: an artifical living human body with a computer brain.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HUGS- thanks KSCHARF- HOPE WE CAN BE FRIENDS

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 11 years ago

well we arnt as advanced in our culture as tezuka thought we were gonna be some things came true yes but not everything. i think astro would be very simplistic and not being a flying super hero. but if we did have that technology we would prob being either at the end of human life or just at the tip of break. thus astro boy would come in and save the day. but really would he be able too? in all reality, like i mean since there are no like other forms of life coming down and chilling with us earth folk then, like how is he gonna stop wars and such with this whole terrosit thing going on and like other wars in the back arising? and idk how world leaders would feel a boy robot talking to adults about worldly such. its very complex and you would have to take in like alot of realism things and think about astro boy as a real whole adroid being.
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”