Astro Boy Anime 50th Anniversary

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Astro Boy Anime 50th Anniversary

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

I'm not sure if a thread already exists for this, I apologize if it does and this is redundant.

I was wondering if anyone has heard any news of Tezuka Productions doing anything special for Astro's (anime broadcast) 50th anniversary on January first of 2013?

If you haven't heard of anything or don't know, what do you think should be done to celebrate or honor the series?

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

I haven't heard anything myself, though I certainly hope they do something. Astro Boy is very significant to both anime, and Japanese culture, so they have to do something big. Personally, I'd like to see a celebratory 50th anniversary film. But if that was the case, they probably would have announced it by now.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

I would be stocked if at least one of the series would come out on Blu-ray in Japan.
I'm on Twitter.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

"F-Man" wrote:I would be stocked if at least one of the series would come out on Blu-ray in Japan.

That would be kind of cool. My only concern would be whetehr or not the negatives for the 60's series would be in pristine condition, given how crisp bluray picture is.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

Haven't heard that anything is happening, but I would assume that there will be some sort of celebration or special release sometime next year. After all, it's not just the 50th anniversary of the original Astro Boy anime, but anime in general.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Dear Santa Claus . . . :santa:

For Christmas please bring all of us a 50th Anniversary release of the original Astro Boy anime - ALL OF IT!!

And if your elves need help subbing, I'm sure we have members here who can help you!

BTW, we've all been very good this year :blush:

Thank you! :wub:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Not sure what to expect. Would love it if they made a new anime or released the 1960s/1980s/2000s series in Japan on Blu-Ray.

I believe Blu-Rays are locked, right? I'd like to use my PS3 as a Blu-Ray disc player for import stuffs.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:I believe Blu-Rays are locked, right? I'd like to use my PS3 as a Blu-Ray disc player for import stuffs.

Japan and North America share the same region for Blu-ray discs, though if you're like me you'll probably want to rip the episodes to your computer so you can load subtitles over them (except for the subtitles-less 60's series).

One thing for sure it seems like we might very well get the TV specials such as Marine Express on Region 1 DVD next year. :)
I'm on Twitter.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

O RLY???

No seriously, really? :D
lolwut

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

April
Ooh, that would be good Christmas present indeed.

F-Man
Really? Awesome! Let's hope that can happen, we seriously need more Tezuka anime over here, even if it's just for streaming purposes.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”