Tetsuwan Atom: Uran and Uran

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Toshio
Banned

Tetsuwan Atom 1980s: Uran and Uran

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

In that episode, Atom's parents wishes Uran to make either piano classes or art classes, but she is not interested in both.

One day after she goes near a robotting stadium and decides to take a look.
Atom ends up having a awkward minustanding with Higeoyaji who thought that he was interested in such violent matches.

In the stadium, Uran is revolted with the action of a robot who ripped off the arm of a defeated robot.
That bad robot attempted to punch her, but she just defeated him easily for the surprise of the public and as well the organizators.

Then she is invited to take part of the tournalment, but both Higeoyaji and Atom made her stay away from it.

Not, accepting the "no" as response, the organizator orders Dr. Ikisugi to make modifications in Uran, so she can split in two and take part of the robotting.

Uran is tould off by her parents that she should take piano and art classes and as well get away from the robotting, since she may get smashed into scrap.

Not being satisfied with the piano classes, Uran escapes from the music school and is apphroached by Dr. Ikisugi who suggest her to be modified so she can split in two bodies.

Uran accept the offer, without knowing that there was a huge conspiration over the tournalment.

The episode can be seem for free here.

Some screenshots:

Last edited by Toshio on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Now that's the same storyline used in the 1963 series for the episode where Uran was first introduced. In the 1980 series they used a different story where she runs away and gets kidnapped by robot thieves.
BTW the look on her face in the last picture you posted reminds be a bit of Betty Boop.

Toshio
Banned

"kscharf" wrote:Now that's the same storyline used in the 1963 series for the episode where Uran was first introduced. In the 1980 series they used a different story where she runs away and gets kidnapped by robot thieves.
BTW the look on her face in the last picture you posted reminds be a bit of Betty Boop.

Yes, I know that.
But, anyway I like that version of the story better.
Also, that episode had several animation errors in Uran's dress.

Toshio
Banned

The way which Uran was treated in the mangá was a lot harsher to the point she almost got destroyed in both halves.
The 2nd halve which was fighting got scrapped and one of Lamp's robots almost destroyed her 1st halve.

At least it was toned down in the 1980 anime that the Uran who was fighting just got badly damaged, rather than fully scrapped.

I think Tezuka-san has overdo himself in the mangá O_o

Too bad that in both versions, Uran don't considered forfeiting the match, perhaps she could not even think about this since Gameran was too heartless.

Some more images:

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I just watched this episode. I like the way that they replaced the usual closing credits and music with Uran's theme. BTW take a look at 18:21 into the episode and note who one of the classmates is. They stuck Pinoko in there.
Attachments
shot0006.jpg
shot0006.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toshio
Banned

Yes, I noticed Pinoko's cameo there and she had appeared previously as well, but it's another story.

By the way, the way which Uran's VA sings Uran's own theme is too cute^^

Too bad she didin't made an actual remix of the song.

But anyway, seeing Uran being punched in the face is pretty cruel, huh?

In the mangá, she suffered too much and Dr. Ikisugi was neutral to the robotting and he tried to warn her that his 1/2 device was a failure and she had to give up.

But, it was too late...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”