Who is this?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"kscharf" wrote:I think they made HamEgg resemble Nathan Lane the actor who did his voice.

Now that is true. And Tenma was made to look like Nicolas Cage. It's become some kind of Hollywood law now that cartoon characters must look like their voice actors, since those actors are used so much to pull an audience, especially true with the Astro Boy movie
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=racoonangel;207027]who's wato?

She's Sharaku's girlfriend in The Three-Eyed One. She was in the "20th Century Last Mystery" TV special too.[/QUOTE]
According to McCarthy she was Dr. Ochanomizu's assistant in the 2003 Astro Boy anime. One more bit of trivia, Hosuke Sharaku always addressed her adding the honorifc "San" for Wato-San. Which was an inside joke by Tezuka because Hosuke is a form of "Holmes", get it? (Think of the movie "They might be giants")
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

I've read McCarthy's book and she isn't right about everything. There are some glaring mistakes, especially her description of the 1001 Nights movie.
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

"F-Man" wrote:I've read McCarthy's book and she isn't right about everything. There are some glaring mistakes, especially her description of the 1001 Nights movie.

Well until a BETTER Tezuka Encyclopedia comes along.....(Please!).
I do think the insight on the "Holmes" angle might be true though.....

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"kscharf" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;207037]I've read McCarthy's book and she isn't right about everything. There are some glaring mistakes, especially her description of the 1001 Nights movie.

Well until a BETTER Tezuka Encyclopedia comes along.....(Please!).
I do think the insight on the "Holmes" angle might be true though.....[/QUOTE]

It sure is! Sharaku as in Sherlock (they even pointed this out in the "20th Century Last Mystery" special) and Wato-san as in Watson.

As for a better encyclopedia, how about tezukaosamu.net, the official site? Yuko's character pic doesn't link to Wato's profile. But still, not the same hair, not the same eyes... To think she could be Wato is really pulling at straws.
Last edited by F-Man on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

"F-Man" wrote:As for a better encyclopedia, how about tezukaosamu.net, the official site?

Perhaps with some help from Bablefish

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Yuko and Wato were presented in the same episode which debuted Higeoyaji in the 2003 series.

Wato was ironically Sharaku's mother in that episode, which sounds a tad creepy.

What made people get confused is Tetsuwan Atom: Omega Factor which Wato replaced Yuko as Dr. Ochanomizu's assistant.
Last edited by Toshio on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"kscharf" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;207039]
As for a better encyclopedia, how about tezukaosamu.net, the official site?

Perhaps with some help from Bablefish[/QUOTE]

http://tezukaosamu.net/en/
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”