Found Dr. Tezuka hiding in 1963 series

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Found Dr. Tezuka hiding in 1963 series

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I borrowed the first disk of the 1963 series from the local library (wish they had the whole set, but only had "the beginning"). In the second episode there was Lamp candle and all. Then in episode #4 ("the Sphinx") I snapped these two frames. Anybody find Dr. Tezuka anywhere else in the 1963 series? (I know he's in the very last episode looking out the window of the spaceship saying "There's Mushi Productions!").
Attachments
vlcsnap-00002.png
vlcsnap-00002.png (151.61 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
vlcsnap-00001.png
vlcsnap-00001.png (134.54 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Yeah, and he is pretty unpleased.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

I've also found Dr. Tezuka in the "last reel" of the 1980 time travel episode with Black Jack and Pinoko. He was the villain of the story unmasked.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I listed his appearances in the 1st season's episodes on the pages I made for Tezuka in English, but I do not know their current URLs, as the whole site relocated.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

"kscharf" wrote:I've also found Dr. Tezuka in the "last reel" of the 1980 time travel episode with Black Jack and Pinoko. He was the villain of the story unmasked.

Yeah, it was pretty ironic, at first I thought he was in the movie set of the episode of the Robot Stuntman, but he wasn't.
I have thought that he was victim of Uran messing up around there, lol

But, anyway, there is a mook in His Highness Lord Deadcross from the manga with a similar nose of Mr. Tezuka as well.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

"kscharf" wrote:I've also found Dr. Tezuka in the "last reel" of the 1980 time travel episode with Black Jack and Pinoko. He was the villain of the story unmasked.

He also appeared on at least two other occasions in the 1980 series. One is illustrated on post #54 in this thread. ;) There's another very short apparition in The Robot Vikings. I do have an image, if you want to see it, but I don't know if that's something you'd rather find yourself.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

The thread you posted mentioned "Earl" (Don) Dracula. I've seen him somewhere else, it may have been in "Fumoon", or maybe he was in the "Time Machine" 1980 TA series. I think he may have also been in "Marine Express" as well (though that one was a genuine Tezuka who's who of characters). There was another Tezuka Manga with vampires or zombies that I saw on line a while ago but I can't remember the name. Anyway Tezuka drew himself into it and the "undead" breaks into his studio and eats him (yuck!).

On another subject, in the very first episode of the 1963 series while in the circus Atom refuels some other robots. One of them was a small guy with his fuel socket on his 'bums'. I'm sure he was Tink from Princess Knight.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

I found Dr. Tezuka again (in a sailor suit) in the "Artificial Sun" episode.
Two screen shots attached. Note the pencil behind his ear in the second shot.
Attachments
shot0013.jpg
shot0013.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
shot0011.jpg
shot0011.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

Wow! He looks cute there.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Hint. Either of those shots would make a nice avatar.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”