Robotania and Atom Reborn

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Toshio
Banned

Robotania and Atom Reborn

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

These tales are also from the original mangá of Tetsuwan Atom.

I find the idea of Blue Knight's original creator of merging him with two dead robots way too unreasonable.
It would more suitable for that scientist try to revive the other two than making them become one with Blue Knight.
He could at least try to program similar personalities and in the end contributed with a robot killer.

Blue Knight was the one who destroyed Atom, but he gave up upon realizing his error, but was killed by his back and avenged by Dr. Ochanomizu.

The condictions for Dr. Tenma repair Atom were the same.

And when Dr. Ochanomizu tried to fix him, he got insane instead.

Also when Dr. Tenma managed, Atom had become evil rather than thinking to be Tobio.

Anyone else read?
Last edited by Toshio on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 am, edited 8 times in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I have read the DH translation numerous times, & also have what I understand to be the original manga books in reprint. I think the three in one idea was essential to the defeat of the villain, as the transformation left him too dazed to fend off the BK's attack.

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

There is a commentary saying that saga gave bad reputation to Atom in Japan, which explain why Atlas was merged with the Blue Knight in the 1980s series.

I preffer the version of 2003 of the Blue Knight since he is a more independant character.

In the japanese version, it doesn't seemed they were calling him as "Cobalto" or alike.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”