Real Rocket Ball

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

"spartanx01" wrote:The jetsons have nothing to do with Astro, stay on topic

:blush :P lease do not ban me, oh mighty moderator spartanx01, I promise I will never go off topic again-- oh, wait. You are NOT a moderator! :lol: Perhaps you should just tolerate such deviations from topics so long as they do not permanently lead the discussions astray. We on this forum tend to tolerate some deviations from topics. I speak as one who was a mod but became tired of it.

New members should resist the temptation to take such matters into their own hands. Just chill-out until you become acquainted with the way things are done here, or on any forum you join. :hyo: Do you wonder why I resigned from the mod team? It was because I was too involved with it, & had time for little else. I hope the current mods ignore such posts as your last one, as they already have much to do. :D

Anyway, I do appreciate new members, so please do not misunderstand my post. It just seems odd that a member with only about 100 posts who just joined a month ago rebukes one with nearly 9,000, and 10 years here :p irate:

spartanx01
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: Sector 626, The Anime & Gaming District Of Metro City

Postby spartanx01 » 11 years ago

Just don't go too far

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I think I speak for most of us, when I say that you are right, while we usually tolerate off-topic posts, as was my 2nd one referring to the JETSONS, few like it when a thread in which they have been participating is side-tracked. Especially when their own posts have not gotten a proper response because of the off-topic diversion.

:rolleyes: :p :lol:

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Perhaps we could make a post about Jetsons instead in general discussion, since this is the Astro Boy Discussion instead.

Anyway, anyone else remembers how Pluto did a score with Harley instead of the ball?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Only vaguely.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Hello out there . . . .

As a current mod (and we do miss you, Jeffbert! :heart :) I'd like to gently suggest there needs to be some flexibility in how sharply people "must" stay on topic.

If you take a little time to look back at threads from over the past 5 years, you'll see plenty of times when folks drifted off topic . . . and then back on.

What we've been more concerned with is people interrupting a topic to say something like "Hi everybody!! I'm bored, how about you?" :rolleyes:

With a topic like "Real Rocket Ball" it's not unreasonable for contributors to want to draw connections to other robotic games (including the one on the Jetsons).

Sometimes, new threads have come out of some of these slightly "off topic" posts (as suggested, we could start a Jetson's thread, and that might actually be fun). So, let's be more tolerant of posts that might not be what the "author" of the thread was hoping for - give others a chance to express their thoughts, as long as there is a connection to the topic. Thanks, everybody.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”