Which is your favorite AstroBoy history of the manga?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

Which is your favorite AstroBoy history of the manga?

Postby Xandreita93X » 11 years ago

First i don't wanna spoiler to much
Sorry my english isn't very good :D D

My fav from the manga is from the vols 6,7 and 8
"Once upon a time" - AstroBoy Tales :D

I loved this history it was so sad in some parts, and make me want to know what will happen in the next vol (Is my favorite of all times)

Also Vol 19

Blue Knight :I first know BK from the 2003 series and reading his story, knowing more about him and how he became like the way he was.

Astroboy Reborn: In this i was like what the heck! how Atom changed that way, so emotionless with the humans, i was angry with Tenma (no so much i love him xDD) modifying atom that way :(

Vol 20: Continues Astro Reborn

Vol 22: This vol was very odd for me xD
had a lot of short storys and some were very funny :D but the last one was so tragic :O

Astro Returns: New outfit very strange, i think i saw a picture here on astroboy-online were he was giving a girl a glass of juice and....., it was traumatic xDDD -> http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1909&d=1351903132

Astro II: I have no words for this chapter :O OOO
:tezuka: had really strange ideas, by the way i love this Atom too

The Time Machine: I always was wondering if Atom Travels to the past and saved Tobio, and this chap was about it :O OO. of course if he saved Tobio, he will disappear but this chapter ended with an unexpected end XDDDD.

The end of AstroBoy: Tragic, i would like it if ended other way, i dunno :/
i don't want to spoiler more, if anyone who read this chapters know what i meaning about :)
My DA ->http://xandreita93x.deviantart.com/
I <3 Atom, Tenma , Tobio *o* and Ratom xDDD
I'M NOT SO GOOD AT ENGLISH, SORRY IF I MESSED UP XD
Si alguien aquí habla español, bienvenido sea :D DDD

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

The "End of Astro Boy" was pointless.
I wonder why Tezuka did a story like that after saying continuosly that Atom should be a defensor of peace.

In the end he made a horrible future instead.

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

"Toshio" wrote:The "End of Astro Boy" was pointless.
I wonder why Tezuka did a story like that after saying continuosly that Atom should be a defensor of peace.

In the end he made a horrible future instead.

You never thought would happen if robots dominate us instead of us to them.
In many of the chapters of the manga was shown as robots were discriminated, mistreated by humans for fear and even hatred of robots. You not remember that humans also had a kind of arena Coliseo for robots?
this is the story of, "what if" ...
is ironic that in this story humans were now discriminated against by the robots, and these robots who took the bad features of humans.
I think that's what Tezuka wanted to show, and the title The End of Astro Boy, to show that Atom defended peace between humans and robots until the End, obviously was destroyed by the other robots, which were already many.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I was shocked, troubled, and moved by "The Angel of Vietnam"

I wouldn't call it my "favorite" . . . but it was certainly one of the stories that had the most impact on me.

Difficult to pick a "favorite" because Tezuka kept modifying Atom/Astro's story and adventures - each seems to highlight something a little different, but all important.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

"AprilSeven" wrote:I was shocked, troubled, and moved by "The Angel of Vietnam"

I wouldn't call it my "favorite" . . . but it was certainly one of the stories that had the most impact on me.

Difficult to pick a "favorite" because Tezuka kept modifying Atom/Astro's story and adventures - each seems to highlight something a little different, but all important.

me too
i cried in that chapter, it was so beautiful and sad a the same time

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I was shocked, troubled, and moved by "The Angel of Vietnam"
I liked the story that followed that one where Shingo Yamahaka is re-united with Astro after nearly 25 years. Just how far off was Tezuka in his depiction of 1993 (or 2003 for that matter)?

Re-reading the stories "Dr. Tenma" through "Astro goes to the circus" was interesting. These stories were written late in the manga, after the 1963 TV series had been finished. Parts of the artwork mirror what was seen in the TV show (Like Tenma bouncing downhill on his head). In this story line Tenma has a wife, she didn't exist in earlier tellings of Astro boy's origin. I think see looks a bit like Astro's robot mother.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

"kscharf" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;207581]I was shocked, troubled, and moved by "The Angel of Vietnam"
I liked the story that followed that one where Shingo Yamahaka is re-united with Astro after nearly 25 years. Just how far off was Tezuka in his depiction of 1993 (or 2003 for that matter)?

Re-reading the stories "Dr. Tenma" through "Astro goes to the circus" was interesting. These stories were written late in the manga, after the 1963 TV series had been finished. Parts of the artwork mirror what was seen in the TV show (Like Tenma bouncing downhill on his head). In this story line Tenma has a wife, she didn't exist in earlier tellings of Astro boy's origin. I think see looks a bit like Astro's robot mother.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i agree. i prefer the rewriting of the born of Astro Boy, because Tenma wasn't so mean and Tenma's wife made his appearance :D . She was very nice with Astro :D
but i didn't like that "female bug of the space", i didn't remember the name, it was her's fault that Astro was sent to the past, by her's selfishness :(

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I believe that Atom's robot mama was modeled on Tobio's - Atom's (human) mama.

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

"jeffbert" wrote:I believe that Atom's robot mama was modeled on Tobio's - Atom's (human) mama.

yep, it's similar, and the father has Tenma's voice. i read it in one chapter long time ago, i dont remember wich xDD

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"Xandreita93X" wrote:but i didn't like that "female bug of the space", i didn't remember the name, it was her's fault that Astro was sent to the past, by her's selfishness :(

If you read the entire story arc (it took 3-4 of the Dark Horse books) you might have spotted the bad pun that Dr. Tezuka wrote into the names of the characters involved with that 'space bug'. That pun involved a rather famous novel that was made into a movie back in the late 1930's. (hint: " ...I don't give a damn").

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”