23, The Lonesome Wandering Robot (JETTER MARS)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

23, The Lonesome Wandering Robot (JETTER MARS)

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

O.k., as someone asked a question about this episode, I think it best to start a tread on it.

The robot in question, Adios, has just been released from jail. Though he is a cowboy-type, he prefers the Shuriken over the six-shooter. :lol:

So, we will go all the way from our native Japan to the American South West, Texas, to be precise.

There seems to be a problem with this robot. When recharged, he goes nuts:

His heart explodes!?

Apparently, Tawashi had ordered the destruction of this robot; Mars protests.

Meanwhile:
Melchi becomes airborne, & ends up in the middle of the street.

Sasaki is quick on the brake, so the truck is not destroyed.

Sasaki & his partner are gathering up robots for use in a black market business.

Galapago 13 has a clam shell canopy here; I do not recall if it was the same in 181 Ghost Manufacturing Machine.

Why a robot needs a campfire, I cannot begin to guess. :p

Lesson: don't mess with Adios.

While elsewhere:

Robots are slaving their lives away. This reminds me of the part where Pinocchio grows donkey ears, & is to be sold into bondage. But that reminds me of the 1980s BIRTH OF URAN, which must have been influenced by it.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I guess in Mar's universe robots are allowed to leave their country of origin!

And I LOLed when I saw how the map of Texas was drawn! Looks like it's being pushed into the Gulf of Mexico!! XD
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

This pen is not a pen. :lol:

"I'm the hero of this picture; that guy in the trench coat is the villain!"

"Huh?"

I am clueless about these last three; but it was over a year since I watched this one.

"Say, Adios, must you ride off into the sunset?"

"I hate to do it, but its the law of the west."

*"I hate to do it, but its the law of the west" is a line from a Droopy Dog cartoon, though that is likely a parody of a real Western. :p

amado
Kokoro Robot

Postby amado » 11 years ago

Thanks a lot, jeffbert, for starting this new thread about episode 23 of Jetter Mars where Adios, the wandering robot, first appeared. He is one of my favorite characters from Tezuka's world! :tezuka:

'Adios' means 'Goodbye' in Spanish. He is named 'Basoos' in the Arabic version of the series. I liked him from his first appearance in episode 23, and then I liked him more and more after watching him in the last two episodes of the series.

His song in the Arabic version is amazing! I hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw4O-xKJeOs

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 11 years ago

"amado" wrote:Thanks a lot, jeffbert, for starting this new thread about episode 23 of Jetter Mars where Adios, the wandering robot, first appeared. He is one of my favorite characters from Tezuka's world! :tezuka:

'Adios' means 'Goodbye' in Spanish. He is named 'Basoos' in the Arabic version of the series. I liked him from his first appearance in episode 23, and then I liked him more and more after watching him in the last two episodes of the series.

His song in the Arabic version is amazing! I hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw4O-xKJeOs

I really like Adios too. I found it very interesting that his relationship with Mars changes over time. In the later episodes, I felt that he becomes a mentor figure to Mars. I also notice that the two learned to respect each other.

Thanks for sharing this video amado, it has a very nice tune. Adios’s song in Japanese has a different tune but the song lyrics are a bit similar.

I still feel that Adios is a very mysterious character. I’m curious on how Adios got tied up with the whole SP energy dilemma in the first place.
Last edited by Crazy_Red on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Thanks for posting that video, Amado - I really love hearing how each country adds their own special touches to Tezuka's works. :) -- can you post the translation to the song on the Youtube video?

Of course, I could be also copy and paste the Arabic words into Google translate . . . DUUUHHHH!! :d oh:

Yeah, this is what is so cool about the 21st Century -- here we have a Japanese cartoon, with an American character who has a Spanish name, and we're enjoying the Arabic adaptation of his theme song! Gotta love it!!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Interesting, nice video. While on youtube I found an episode of Jetter Mars that was sub'ed into English, but dubbed in another language. This one was "Lamp the space trader". Tezuka DID put an Astro image in there, take a look at this fountain statue in front of Mar's home.
Attachments
shot0017.png
shot0017.png (225.99 KiB) Viewed 3897 times

amado
Kokoro Robot

Crazy_Red.. :)
I really like Adios too.
I'm really glad you like him too! ;)
I found it very interesting that his relationship with Mars changes over time. In the later episodes, I felt that he becomes a mentor figure to Mars. I also notice that the two learned to respect each other.
I totally agree with you! Adios' appearance in the later episodes was very interesting and exciting! It gave an extra amazing dimension to the series.. :cool:
Thanks for sharing this video amado, it has a very nice tune. Adios’s song in Japanese has a different tune but the song lyrics are a bit similar.
I'm glad you liked the Arabic version of the song.. :blush: I wish I could listen to its original Japanese version, and also its other versions..
I still feel that Adios is a very mysterious character. I’m curious on how Adios got tied up with the whole SP energy dilemma in the first place.
Yes he is! I think some questions were left for the audience's imagination.. ;)

amado
Kokoro Robot

AprilSeven.. :)

Thanks for posting that video, Amado - I really love hearing how each country adds their own special touches to Tezuka's works. -- can you post the translation to the song on the Youtube video?

You're welcome, AprilSeven! ;) Thanks for your cute comment!
I tried to translate the words of the Arabic song into English.. Here you are the English translation.. ;) :

A free immigrant..
I roam around mountains
And I do not have a friend..
And I ask the impossible.. ( He wants to become a real human being, which is asking the impossible. )

A free immigrant..
A free immigrant..
A free immigrant..

I wander in valleys..
I try to forget..
If I were a human being.. ( Robots are not treated like humans. )
I would find me a place..
And I would feel people's affection toward me.. ( People in general feel no affection for him because he is just a robot. )
And I would gain security..

AAH AAAH ..AAH AAH ..

But I am a wandering robot..
I roam around mountains..
And I do not have a friend..
And I ask the impossible..

Impossible.. Impossible..

Yeah, this is what is so cool about the 21st Century -- here we have a Japanese cartoon, with an American character who has a Spanish name, and we're enjoying the Arabic adaptation of his theme song! Gotta love it!!!

:lol:
Last edited by amado on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding some clarifications.

amado
Kokoro Robot

kscharf.. :)

Interesting, nice video.

Thank you, kscharf! :cool:

Tezuka DID put an Astro image in there, take a look at this fountain statue in front of Mar's home.

Yeah, you're right! I didn't notice that before! ;)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”