Getter Mars vs A.I.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
amado
Kokoro Robot

Getter Mars vs A.I.

Postby amado » 11 years ago

Hi all! :)

Getter Mars vs A.I.! That's what came to my mind while I was watching Spielberg's movie, A.I. or Artificial Intelligence, years ago! ;)

Jetter Mars is an old Japanese anime. A.I. which was made later, has many things in common with Jetter Mars. The time is set in the future, when robots are common needs in people's lives. Robots have artificial intelligence and emotions like humans. Scientists create human-like robots to be sons for humans. Robots aren't treated like humans, and they can be destroyed, sold or anything like slaves. Robots wish to become humans in order to enjoy the same rights as humans.. etc. The anime show us the worries of robots, and that's what we saw in Spielberg's movie, too!

The question now is.. Did Steven Spielberg get the idea of his famous movie from Jetter Mars?

amado
Kokoro Robot

A friend has just told me that it's more logical to change the title of this thread into "Astro Boy vs A.I." because Astro Boy TV series was aired before Jetter Mars TV series!

Sorry guys! In fact, I have never watched Astro Boy before! :blush: I think it was never dubbed into Arabic. On the other hand, Jetter Mars is more popular than Astro Boy in our Arab countries because it was dubbed into Arabic and had a great success.
Last edited by amado on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 11 years ago

A.I. is one of Spielburg's lesser known movies and I'm suspecting Astro Boy playd some influence in it's development The orriginal screen play was Stanley Kubrik's creation in the early 1970's and he had tried to get it to prodution several times over the next two decades. Spielburg took it to production after Kubrik died in 1999.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

OMG - and - in case any of you didn't know this - Stanley Kubrik asked Osamu Tezuka to be the Art Director of 2001: A Space Odyssey. So I think it's a pretty safe guess to assume that A.I. was, indeed, written in homage to Tetsuwan Atomu. :wub:

Although I didn't like the movie all that much - very depressing without the hopefulness found in Astro Boy. And David was MUCH more "robotic" in his behavior than :astro: !
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 11 years ago

Anyway, I still hoping they will remake Jetter Mars.

amado
Kokoro Robot

dannavy85.. AprilSeven.. :)

Thanks a lot, guys, for your informative replies. ;)

I'm eager to watch Astro Boy as soon as possible! :astro:

"Atomars" wrote:Anyway, I still hoping they will remake Jetter Mars.

Me, too! ;)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”