Tezuka chess set on ebay

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Tezuka chess set on ebay

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 10 years ago

That's really nice i always wanted that chess set still don't have it though but i just bought this from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/251266252141?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

very rare figures from Tezuka's master piece Phoenix never seen them before so i knew i had to get them one of them is a secret figure .... can't wait :D
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 10 years ago

It's blocked for me! :( Can anyone describe the pieces for me, please? I'm not going to buy it, but I'm curious. :D

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:It's blocked for me! :( Can anyone describe the pieces for me, please? I'm not going to buy it, but I'm curious. :D

Here's the image of the chess set. Sorry that the image is small, but this is the biggest I could find:

$T2eC16dHJH8E9qSEW9BvBRj7%286u4o!~~60_35.JPG
$T2eC16dHJH8E9qSEW9BvBRj7%286u4o!~~60_35.JPG (42.96 KiB) Viewed 1895 times

I'm guessing the pieces are made of wood. The pieces look good enough for what they are.

I like the variety of characters in the set. I think I'd be more apt to choose the black pieces because of Black Jack and Higeoyaji. Gotta love those Hyoutantsugi pawn pieces. :lol:

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 10 years ago

As I own one of these sets I can tell you the pieces are made of plastic.
The pieces are very nice and colorful. The white pieces are: Astro Boy, Astro Girl, 2 Sapphire pieces, 2 Dr. Elefun pieces, and 2 Ambassador Magma pieces. As the black pieces: Kimba and Kitty; 2 Black Jack pieces, 2 Mr. Pompous pieces, and 2 Garon pieces. All the pawns are Hyountsugi.
It is worth every penny, especially if you can find someone to play with.

I :heart: :astro: :)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:As I own one of these sets I can tell you the pieces are made of plastic.
The pieces are very nice and colorful. The white pieces are: Astro Boy, Astro Girl, 2 Sapphire pieces, 2 Dr. Elefun pieces, and 2 Ambassador Magma pieces. As the black pieces: Kimba and Kitty; 2 Black Jack pieces, 2 Mr. Pompous pieces, and 2 Garon pieces. All the pawns are Hyountsugi.

Woops. I should've figured it was made of plastic, considering the price.

They are nice looking pieces nonetheless! It would be fun to play with someone else. :)

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 10 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;212010]As I own one of these sets I can tell you the pieces are made of plastic.

Woops. I should've figured it was made of plastic, considering the price.

They are nice looking pieces nonetheless! It would be fun to play with someone else. :) [/QUOTE]

Wow! You've done a great job at finding this! I'll pay money for it. But, it'll be helpful if I did have money :astro:
The :hyo: as pawns, that's clever!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"The 鉄腕アトム Fan" wrote:Wow! You've done a great job at finding this! I'll pay money for it. But, it'll be helpful if I did have money :astro:

It was actually Tetsuwan Penguin who found the chess set unless you're talking about the image I posted.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 10 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=The 鉄腕アトム Fan;212038]Wow! You've done a great job at finding this! I'll pay money for it. But, it'll be helpful if I did have money :astro:

It was actually Tetsuwan Penguin who found the chess set unless you're talking about the image I posted.[/QUOTE]

I ment the picture of the chess set and to Tetsuwan Penguin (cute name!) for the good find. Sorry that I didn't make it clear

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 10 years ago

Oooh, thank you so much, Shiyonasan! :D

Yes, cute pawn pieces! :hyo: :wub: I like both the black and the white pieces, I'd happily alternate.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”