When / How did you become an Astro fan?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Great to see new fans of the series! :)

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

Oh man, I can't even remember exactly how I got into Astro Boy (which is pretty sad cuz it wasn't that long ago). I'm guessing it was around 8 years ago? All I remember was Astro Boy 2003 was on Cartoon Network at the time and my older brother had gotten me Astro Boy Omega Factor for my birthday. It was probably the game that got me interested in the series more. So I watched the 1980 and 2003 series. The '80s one stuck with me more I think.
I know my mom's favorite show when she was a kid was the '63 series. She also really like Kimba the White Lion, which I got into before Astro Boy.

A few months ago I started watching all 3 versions because the Hunter x Hunter anime was ending and I would need something new to watch. (unrelated- HxH is my favorite anime) Some post on tumblr of the main character Gon reminded me of Astro and voilà.
So now this is my first time watching the '63 series and I'm so sad I didn't watch it sooner cuz now it's my favorite one! It's also almost like I'm watching the other versions for the first time cuz I barely remembered anything that happened.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Welcome to the forum, Uran-chama! Great to see another Hunter x Hunter fan on here!

I really should get around to watching more of the 1960s series sometime. Just need to watch that series and the 5 episodes I missed of the 2003 series and I'll have seen the entirety of all four Astro Boy series.

As Earthshine said, it's good to see so many new fans!

Earthshine

You shouldn't be disappointed in the 1960s series, and the 2003 series is dirt cheap on Right Stuf right now (I got the entire series from them a couple years go for idk $20?).

Welcome to the forum Uran-Chama!

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

Thank you both for the warm greetings! I'm actually super excited to be able to be a part of some of these great discussions! :D

But yeah, definitely try to watch more of '63! It honestly can lift your mood with how silly it can be. I love it!

astro-boy-2003
Kokoro Robot

Postby astro-boy-2003 » 9 years ago

Hi I'm new here!
I became a big Astro Boy fan after watching the movie. But I like the 2003 series and the 1982's and all the other Astros too!!!!

I'm not a fangirl I'm an Otaku.

My Deviantart if you want to see:http://astro-boy-2003.deviantart.com/

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"astro-boy-2003" wrote:Hi I'm new here!
I became a big Astro Boy fan after watching the movie. But I like the 2003 series and the 1982's and all the other Astros too!!!!

I'm not a fangirl I'm an Otaku.

My Deviantart if you want to see:http://astro-boy-2003.deviantart.com/

OmGosh when did you appear here O.o great to see you.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Welcome, astro-boy-2003! You and Uran-chama joined this forum only a day apart from each other! Interesting, considering we don't get new members that often.

Hope you enjoy our forum! :)

"Uran-chama" wrote:Thank you both for the warm greetings! I'm actually super excited to be able to be a part of some of these great discussions! :D

But yeah, definitely try to watch more of '63! It honestly can lift your mood with how silly it can be. I love it!

You're welcome!

From what I've seen of the 1963 series, I can tell that it is definitely sillier than the subsequent Astro Boy series, especially through our fellow member, Jeffbert's, image synopses that he has posted on here: http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=224466&postcount=42 (these are the 89 episodes that were excluded from the American broadcast of the 1963 series).

I guess I haven't gotten around to it since I prefer to watch the Japanese version of anime that I watch, and there's no real way to watch through the 1960s series that way online. I might just have to settle with the English version, honestly.

Earthshine

It's a pleasure to have you here Astro Boy 2003! I look forward to your posts!

I see that you're in Germany! I'm curious as to if you saw the 1980's German language version of Astro Boy?

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

Welcome to the forum new members. Hope you find the site good fun. I myself intended to stop coming to the forum completely two months ago but then changed my mind. I won't be too active at time, though. I may disappear for whole months in the future.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”