Astro Boy help

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

I saw part of it a while ago. The special movies seem to be a lot darker. I wish I could see/download them, but anyone outside Japan is very limited in resources. :(
Do not have credit card! So much Astro Boy data I have yet to absorb...
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

It's not as though most of us would even understand it, anyhow.

But you guys... Astro got all sleepy, and yawned a little, and rubbed at his eye. D: That is simply too much cute aaaahh I wanna see it ;-;
lolwut

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 10 years ago

"Lumera" wrote:can anyone tell me if this is from short clip or movie? the animation style is that of the 2003 series. I checked this website here but dont see the summery that matches this one.It shows a boy running from robots(future?) and finds astro asleep in museum(for how long i dont know) astro wakes up and saves the boy,while they escape from the robots that are bad...

here is the link,there is short video clip thats run around 7mins
http://tezukaosamu.net/jp/anime/128.html

any help appreciated

Yes, this is one of the special movies made in 2004 for showing at the theater at the Osamu Tezuka World. Its title is "Astro Boy/TetsuWan Atomu: The Glorious Earth" (also translated as "The Shining Earth") It was directed by Osamu Dezaki.

I :heart: :astro: :)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I WANNA SEE IT. ;A; Too bad Anime Sols doesn't seem to be doing too well...
lolwut

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 10 years ago

"Lumera" wrote:can anyone tell me if this is from short clip or movie? the animation style is that of the 2003 series. I checked this website here but dont see the summery that matches this one.It shows a boy running from robots(future?) and finds astro asleep in museum(for how long i dont know) astro wakes up and saves the boy,while they escape from the robots that are bad...

any help appreciated

It is one of the special Astro Boy short movies.
Already watched all of them including this. I rented them on Videx.

Lumera
Kokoro Robot

Postby Lumera » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:I was able to watch it too (Gota love Linux!) It's kinda creepy in a way. Looks like a cross between Astro and the Matrix! The old man looks like Dr. O. many years into the future. The kid would be playing the Neo part (or would that be Astro?).

yes, I wonder how many years in future, I really like how it is more serious and dark theme.

Lumera
Kokoro Robot

"Dante69" wrote:I saw part of it a while ago. The special movies seem to be a lot darker. I wish I could see/download them, but anyone outside Japan is very limited in resources. :(
Do not have credit card! So much Astro Boy data I have yet to absorb...

I agree, it sucks that cant view this.I don't use credit cards. It would be nice if they released these specials on dvd.

Lumera
Kokoro Robot

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:It's not as though most of us would even understand it, anyhow.

But you guys... Astro got all sleepy, and yawned a little, and rubbed at his eye. D: That is simply too much cute aaaahh I wanna see it ;-;

true,but still would love to see it regardless because I like astro boy.

He is adorable!

Lumera
Kokoro Robot

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=Lumera;212728]can anyone tell me if this is from short clip or movie? the animation style is that of the 2003 series. I checked this website here but dont see the summery that matches this one.It shows a boy running from robots(future?) and finds astro asleep in museum(for how long i dont know) astro wakes up and saves the boy,while they escape from the robots that are bad...

any help appreciated

Yes, this is one of the special movies made in 2004 for showing at the theater at the Osamu Tezuka World. Its title is "Astro Boy/TetsuWan Atomu: The Glorious Earth" (also translated as "The Shining Earth") It was directed by Osamu Dezaki.

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]

thank you for translation for title!

Lumera
Kokoro Robot

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I WANNA SEE IT. ;A; Too bad Anime Sols doesn't seem to be doing too well...

oh,they have the Black Jack!! but ya they don't seem to be doing well.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”