Hey you guys

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

I never had a problem buying them. Still waiting on them though, it's been a couple months. :( BAH! I am such an impatient person.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Well that sucks.

I feel... er, crappy, now.
lolwut

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Bad news and good news

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

The bad news is Carelyna got things messed up, and probably if I hadn't said anything I would have gotten one of the books for free (but I wouldn't have felt right about that). She confused my email with someone elses, and the package was actually in the post office, waiting for me.

The good news is - I picked it up this morning and have all three books!

I have a feeling they are actually bootlegs, because the "color" cover is a piece of paper that has been lightly glued to the actual cover of each book, and it's very fragile.

It also says the price is supposed to be $6.90, and I paid $9.95 each (plus another $10 in shipping per book) so, yeah, they are making a darn good profit. I just hope Tezuka Pro gets part of the money! :whistling:

I see things here that I haven't seen before - and sent Tetsuwan Penguin a list of the chapters in each book so we can figure out what is wrong with mangareader's site.

Now I need to send Carelyna the other $20 - wish me luck! I just don't have good luck with online orders (yesterday I had all kinds of problems ordering tickets online to the Metropolitan Opera. Finally a phone call put things right).
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:The bad news is Carelyna got things messed up, and probably if I hadn't said anything I would have gotten one of the books for free (but I wouldn't have felt right about that). She confused my email with someone elses, and the package was actually in the post office, waiting for me.

The good news is - I picked it up this morning and have all three books!

I have a feeling they are actually bootlegs, because the "color" cover is a piece of paper that has been lightly glued to the actual cover of each book, and it's very fragile.

It also says the price is supposed to be $6.90, and I paid $9.95 each (plus another $10 in shipping per book) so, yeah, they are making a darn good profit. I just hope Tezuka Pro gets part of the money! :whistling:

I see things here that I haven't seen before - and sent Tetsuwan Penguin a list of the chapters in each book so we can figure out what is wrong with mangareader's site.

Now I need to send Carelyna the other $20 - wish me luck! I just don't have good luck with online orders (yesterday I had all kinds of problems ordering tickets online to the Metropolitan Opera. Finally a phone call put things right).

I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, April. Oh we'll, at least you have the books now.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Hm, bootlegs, huh? That's unfortunate... though, I wonder if legitimate copies are even still available, so long after the series' original run...
lolwut

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

I got an e-mail telling me that the graphic novels were delivered but was not picked up. It was sent to the post office, but I never got a note that told me I had to pick anything up, so I never knew. After 10 days it was returned. It was here a couple months ago.... :'( .
I fell so terrible. I will get it eventually though, I can't give up.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

It seems I will be...refunded for the graphic novels, taking too long to track them down.
I was feeling fine today,but then I found this out. Such a terrible day.
Anyone know where I could get these graphic novels, other than eBay (which is where I tried to get them in the first place).

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I wouldn't give up so easily. Maybe try re-buying them from the same seller and just being a touch more alert now that you had this awful experience?

I've never had a problem with Ebay myself so long as the seller has an upper 99% rating and mostly good reviews (sometimes the reviewers are just nit-pickers. "
I got my item 2 days later than it said it would arrive! GRRRRR!!! one star." and the like).

If ebay is your only option then it leaves you little choice I'm afraid.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

There may be a seller on Amazon Japan with it, but you'll need Google translate or bablefish to use the site if you can't read Japanese, and it could be expensive.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”