Names confusing me.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I used that collective terminology for the name of a group drawing of Atom and his siblings I drew once.
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I actually typically identify Atom as Atom Ochanomizu as he was more of a father to him than Tenma ever was (fathers don't throw their children away, sell them or chase them with shovels). Tenma might have given Atom life, but that means little if he wasn't willing to own his mistakes and be the father that he wanted.
Last edited by Earthshine on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

Fair enough Earthshine, but at one point in the original they tried to give reason for Tenma selling Atom to the circus by explaining he was drunk. Still, it does not give a very good reason, but I suppose to someone who makes robots for a living that is all he saw Atom as, a robot. :( Poor Atom.
I was just thinking though, there are laws now for robots. They might need to confirm ID, just as humans do. So maybe they have some sort of numbered code for identification.
It does not matter how famous you are, you still should need ID. LOL, who else will run around in a speedo and red boots? No pants, no service?
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Earthshine

They probably do have ids. Gescheict (I know I spelled that wrong) had an ID in Pluto. We have serial numbers known as Social Security numbers so robots probably do as well. With their equal rights laws I'd imagine that everyone would have roughly the same ID, but maybe there would be another category saying whether they were human or not.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

I believe I have heard 'Tamao' pronounced as 'Tamo.'

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

He never chased him with a shovel; it was a scale used to measure height- the precise motivation for Tenma to want to chase him with it, actually. Atom wasn't growing at all, and Tenma is apparently given to violent fits.
lolwut

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

There was a shovel later on.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Earthshine

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:He never chased him with a shovel; it was a scale used to measure height- the precise motivation for Tenma to want to chase him with it, actually. Atom wasn't growing at all, and Tenma is apparently given to violent fits.

It sure looked like a shovel to me. In any case you don't chase your children with measuring sticks either.

Tenma sure does indeed have a temper.

Earthshine

So I checked the scene in question and it WAS a shovel. Crazy crazy mad scientist that Tenma is.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

When Tezuka redrew that sequence for Atom cat he changed it, and Tenma picked up the scale and chased Astro with THAT!

[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”