WHY NO NEW ASTROBOY SHOW FOR 2013AD!?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Beyond the Stars

WHY NO NEW ASTROBOY SHOW FOR 2013AD!?

Postby avatargirl » 10 years ago

HI- THEY KEEP MAKING new episodes of Scooby Doo and other shows like
Adventure Time- why but no new Astroboy this year of 2013aD!?

ASTROBOY could be a fun educational show with adventure and inspiring scientific research in cute sweet robotics and relationships with other
sentient beings!

Thanks pray everyone the very best in love and friendship- your avatargirl always! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro:

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

well like I have said before astro boy makes people think and kids these days don't want to think.

astro stories are better then most other crap out these days but it is not the kinda mindless entertainment that gets popular these days.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

If a new series is to be made, I hope it won't be like 2009. This is just my opinion. I actually watch that movie some times. I like it, but I didn't realize when it came out, how bad it was.
There is always something to be done. As long as Astro fans are here, ATOM WILL LIVE ON! Kimi no kokoro de catch the future!!! Sorry, I'm hyper right now.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

Actually, Tezukas Pro is in talks to make a new anime for Astro Boy. And in addition to that, they're also in talks to make international versions if the series as well.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I think you might be a touch confused; Adventure Time and Scooby Doo are animations catered for American audiences whereas Tetsuwan Atomu is first for Japanese audiences. While the anime industry for Japan is a huge cash cow and they do take into consideration potential oversea sales, their first priority is their Japanese audience. This is why we hardly ever have same-day releases for anime (more common for video games).

While some new animated cartoons may seem a little... odd and not up to the speed of other animations from maybe our youth (if you're over 20) I don't think it's entirely fair to say that they are 'mindless'. I watched some of the newer animation the other day and while the dialogue is saturated in the episode (an animation no no, or so it was when I was taught) the episodes DO have to make the viewer think about what is being done, the context and plot significance. While I don't really like some of the newer animations I wouldn't really say that they are 'bad', annoying is some cases but not really bad.

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

So far it seems like they make a new Astro Boy series every other decade, so I hope that the talks will go through and we won't have to wait another ten years.

Still, though, I really do like Adventure Time. It deals with a lot of deep issues for a show that only lasts eleven minutes at a time.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Uh, make that every twenty years. It's already been ten years since the 2003 iteration, and it came roughly twenty years after the last one (the 80's version). The movie does not exactly count as an official iteration as far as the animated series go, simply because it was a movie and not a series, and was not made by Tezuka Pro.

Even though these things are in the works (although I hadn't heard about Tezuka Pro. doing a version), they're still only talking about it. They haven't started actually working on these projects, as far as I know, and even then it'll be a long time before we see any of them, if we see anything at all.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I think you might be a touch confused; Adventure Time and Scooby Doo are animations catered for American audiences whereas Tetsuwan Atomu is first for Japanese audiences. While the anime industry for Japan is a huge cash cow and they do take into consideration potential oversea sales, their first priority is their Japanese audience. This is why we hardly ever have same-day releases for anime (more common for video games).

While some new animated cartoons may seem a little... odd and not up to the speed of other animations from maybe our youth (if you're over 20) I don't think it's entirely fair to say that they are 'mindless'. I watched some of the newer animation the other day and while the dialogue is saturated in the episode (an animation no no, or so it was when I was taught) the episodes DO have to make the viewer think about what is being done, the context and plot significance. While I don't really like some of the newer animations I wouldn't really say that they are 'bad', annoying is some cases but not really bad.

I know, right? You actually sit and WATCH Adventure Time, there is actually a real story being told in all the random looking craziness.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Yeah it's a little bit EVERYWHERE but not terrible. I am from the generation that watched Batman, Ducktails and Tailspin and the like after school when I was little so these newer cartoons are very odd to see. They also have constant dialog which is something that older animations tried to stay away from, it's actually a sign of poor writing or at least it WAS when I was studying animation.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Dragonrider@ Your photobucket pix don't show up, all we see is an Ad for you to upgrade to photobucket plus
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”