Would Hoshie work in the 2003 series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

Last time I replied to Hoshie post I did not realize how much I was actually talking about it.
Don't get me wrong, I like Hoshie. She is a great, underestimated character. She had her time in the spot light, and I believe that is all she needs.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Well that wasn't so bad. My opinion I guess is similar (as stated with my original post that I believe the story is stronger with Tenma as a single father, that and I just like it better) to yours.

But it's great to have variation as well.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:Well that wasn't so bad. My opinion I guess is similar (as stated with my original post that I believe the story is stronger with Tenma as a single father, that and I just like it better) to yours.

But it's great to have variation as well.

I think Earthshine put it better than I ever could.

I get what you're saying though, Dante. But at the end of the day, it's your opinion. I think adding Hoshie brings forth some great story potential, and you feel that she already had her day in the sun. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Hoshie also gave me a way to tell the Astro origin story in a different way. I used a movie tie in in my fanfiction.net story "the unchained melody of life".
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Hoshie also gives me a way to explore Tenma from a different angle. Because while it can be assumed that she either died or left him in the 2003 series, it would be interesting to see how it would affect if she was still alive. His leaving his wife without any good reason is just another thing Tenma has to live with. Another thing he has to find a way to atone for if he wants her at his side again.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

I could imagine Hoshie-san as a writer for some reason. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Hmm, that could work. But what would she write about? Shojou comics, maybe?

I only say that because I have this weird head cannon that Hoshie is actually a huge fan of Ryoko Ikeda's work, Oniisama e/Dear Brother in particular.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

She could be :)

I would imagine her writing detective stories, shoujo manga, children's books...and perhaps some paragraphs on humans and robots.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

"Yuuki X Atomu" wrote:She could be :)

I would imagine her writing detective stories, shoujo manga, children's books...and perhaps some paragraphs on humans and robots.

I could see that; in my head cannons, Tenma did in fact teach her a few things about basic robotics when he built Astro, so she could be capable to at least be a technical writer on a Robotics 101 book. At least, I assume anyway.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”