ANTI-AMERICAN SENTIMENT ON THE WIKIPEDIA ASTRO BOY PAGES!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

ANTI-AMERICAN SENTIMENT ON THE WIKIPEDIA ASTRO BOY PAGES!

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 10 years ago

I hope many of you will be shocked to know that someone has posted a lot of what appears to be anti-American sentiment on the Wikipedia Astro Boy pages. Recently when I went to the Astro Boy page I saw a lot of statements that tried to belittle the efforts of the US involvement in the history of Astro Boy.
Especially in the info boxes. There for some reason next to the broadcast history someone had put N/A where USA should have been. When I tried to fix it the whole entry became invisible when I submitted correction. I ask that anyone of you reading this who has more computer knowledge than I, please correct those entries on the 1963, 1980s and 2003 Astro Boy page. Thank you!

I :heart: :astro: :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

OMG . . . I see what you mean, Astrobuddy!!

I'm not going to mention the name - but the comments sound like those once made (repeatedly) by a former member of this forum, who has since been banned. It appears the file was last updated in July of this year.

Perhaps F-Man or Jeffbert might know how to go about revising some of the language . . . much of it is the author's opinion, but stated as fact.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention . . . hopefully we can tweak this a bit.

:astro: yes! please do!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

I checked the history of the Wikipedia entries and I have an hunch on who was the one responsible for doing this.

I saw the name of that user AprilSeven was talking about and I won't be surprised if it was him.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

I'm surprised there wasn't a lecture about the inappropriate use of the name "Astro Girl" for Uran in the American dub!

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

I noticed these changes awhile back and I knew exactly who it was. (I wasn't posting when he was on the forums, but I was lurking through the whole saga) I honestly thought the Wikipedia folks would've restored the page to its former glory by now, but apparently not. :I

I'm not sure (and I'm probably wrong) but to be fair, it does look like things have actually been toned down just a little bit from when I first saw the edits, because I remember them being quite a bit more ranty and anti-dub then they are now.

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I'm surprised there wasn't a lecture about the inappropriate use of the name "Astro Girl" for Uran in the American dub!

I wish that was the case but there is a rant about her name in the Wikipedia entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uran_(character))
Last edited by Crazy_Red on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

Oh dear, and I thought it was bad when he was pulling this on deviant art.

Seriously, what is his deal? Does he really think we care about his opinions being shoved down our throats? Or is he really a troll cleverly disguised as a fan? I can't tell anymore, all I know is that Forever was right when she said he's looking for power. Only, if he is, he's using the wrong tactic to do so.

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroBlaster1998 » 10 years ago

i fix some the NA thing without the slash for astro boy 2003 to us.But couldn't figure out the rest because then it would disappear. I'm a noob at it but. I was looking for the NA and then change it to US.
I'm not sure what is going on. I'm more worried about page being not manage right. Well i just say i tried. I will say NA is North American and the stations where US so i change the
one on the 2003 page to US. Well the chapter 2 in geometry is helping i guess. Because it said NA = . Well these are probably fragments.

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroBlaster1998 » 10 years ago

Just read the Astro Girl thing on Wikipedia. It is bad because that name thing isn't needed. But it is better funny how he goes on and on. An on my on Zoran. Run and hide Zoran. :D
Have a good day and how is one person doing all of this?
Last edited by AstroBlaster1998 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Holy cow - he DID have a Uran/Astro Girl meltdown!!

Thanks for trying AstroBlaster. I'm wondering if we can use copy from a version from Wayback Machine to return it to it's original (or more original) form.

NOW I see why people say "don't trust Wikipedia!" But what a shame!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”