32%
I love them all, Astro is amazing either way <3
34%

Total votes: 38

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

U.S. has little love for Astro Boy

Postby toxicXheart » 10 years ago

Many people I know like Astro but even more people I know have no respect for Atom. I was talking to some if my friends who are really into Bleach, Fairy tale, Highschool of the dead and other anime that consist of busty characters and most of those people think Astro Boy is "stupid" or think Astro "is lame and out dated" :cry: and quite frankly think I'm wierd for loving it. I mean people have their own opinions but The Mighty Atom is a classic and in my opinion the classic anime are the best! I just don't get how some people I know call themselves an "anime super fan" but don't respect Tezuka Osamu's works that have meaning and positive messages.If it wasn't for Astro coming to the U.S. My friends wouldn't have their modern anime. I know imma ranting :blush: :blush: :cry:
[sigpic][/sigpic] :heart: :astro: :heart: :astro: :heart: :astro: :heart:

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 10 years ago

HI- THANKS FOR CARING ABOUT ASTROBOY TOXICXHEART! AND TRYING TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!
IF YOU LIKE ASTROBOY AS MUCH AS I DO YOU LIKE ASTROBOY ALOT!

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

Aww yeah you're welcome and thank you very much for the comment :) Astro Boy will always be in my heart it has a lot of peacefull loving meanings

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 10 years ago

This has nothing to do with Atom (Astro Boy) being hated. As a matter of fact, Atom used to be incredibly popular. It was shown on NBC in a popular time slot and was a breakthrough hit; being the first popular anime. However, this massive success for the 1960s Atom series did not continue and as such, he slowly slipped into obscurity. It didn't help that the 1980s series received little airing in the U.S. and the 2003 series bombed (thanks to an awful dub and bad marketing). Tezuka products generally don't do well in the U.S., which explains why Atom's - and Tezuka's products in general - fan base is so small in the U.S.

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

Yeah true true, it was real popular in the sixties here....Astro will always be #1 to me c:

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

I know what you mean. Lots of people I know have no respect of Osamu Tezuka at all either it pisses me off > :(
Who could ever take one look at Atomu and not think, ''KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!'' anyway?!!!
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

Don't feel bad, I completely understand the frustration. The moment I brought up Astro Boy, I got dismissed about it being a "kid's show" and never brought it up again.
It wasn't actually until recently that I actually found somebody I knew in person that liked the series, and I only found that out when they were going through my mp3 player and started freaking out about all my Astro Boy music. It was a joyous celebration, indeed. So yeah, we definitely exist, but we seem to be really good at hiding in the woodwork, probably for this exact reason.

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

There should be like an Osamu Tezuka day or something
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 2719 times

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Not sure I remember why Uran is dissing Ochinomizu here.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

yeah me either

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Not sure I remember why Uran is dissing Ochinomizu here.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”