ASTRO BOY 50th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATION

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

ASTRO BOY 50th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATION

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 10 years ago

2013, was the 50th anniversary of the premiere of the Astro Boy TV series both in Japan (01/01/1963) and the US (09/07/1963) While I don't know of too many items commemorating this fact, there is a nice stamp and postcard collection released just for that reason. Below are two of the postcards in the set celebrating the first and second series. (Other items in the set also celebrate the third series, as well as other parts of the history of "Astro Boy"!)

I :heart: :astro: :)
Attachments
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY.jpg
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY.jpg (95.33 KiB) Viewed 1941 times

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I was wondering what sorts of goods Japan was going to be releasing for the 50th anniversary, as well as what sorts of events might be held. So far I don't think I've seen much. These are neat.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

Yeah, you would think there would have been more to commemorate the event. But I guess they felt it wasn't necessary or something.

Oh well, at least we have cool stuff like this to look at.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Astrobuddy where did you get those? I love the color one on the right!

I found some more images by searching in Japanese. Hopefully most of these links work.

Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Yes apparently because 2013 was also the 60th anniversary of the first publication of "Princess Knight", as well as the 40th anniversary of the first printing of "Black Jack" and so much importance was given to 2003, the birthday of "Astro Boy" that I guess it was felt that the previous commemoration was enough. According to the Tezuka Osamu website, the only celebration for the 50th anniversary was held in Hong Kong.
Any way here are some more images; this time from a folder included in the package I purchased on eBay. [(The left image shows a history of "Atom" from manga(1951) to feature film (2009).]

Attachments
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 3.jpg
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 3.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 1834 times
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 2.jpg
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 2.jpg (57.8 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Yee I see Cobalt
lolwut

Earthshine

Didn't they have some sort of movie festival to commemorate the 50th anime anniversary?

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"Earthshine" wrote:Didn't they have some sort of movie festival to commemorate the 50th anime anniversary?

I know of no such "movie festival"! If there was such a festival please tell us what you know about it?

Earthshine

I just remember hearing about some sort of 'movie festival' or episode exhibition or something, nothing solid though. Actually, I heard about it on here. I can't remember any real details though. :( Sorry.

I'm pretty sure it was in the thread I made titled 50 Years Astro Boy Anniversary or something along those lines.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"Earthshine" wrote:I just remember hearing about some sort of 'movie festival' or episode exhibition or something, nothing solid though. Actually, I heard about it on here. I can't remember any real details though. :( Sorry.

I'm pretty sure it was in the thread I made titled 50 Years Astro Boy Anniversary or something along those lines.

I looked over the posts in the thread you mentioned and saw no mention about a "movie festival", but did notice that it appears that the 1980s series was (or will be) released in a special blue-ray edition.

Any way here is the full cover image of the folder included in the commemorative 50th anniversary stamp and postcard collection.

Attachments
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 4.jpg
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 4.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 3.jpg
ASTRO BOY 50TH ANNIVERSARY# 3.jpg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”