Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

It's airing right now!

Go watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBLZ6c6VZM

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Just have to wait and see :D

LOL. Atom needs to diet? I laughed a little too much at that.

~Edit~

Awe the first episode was cute, I actually liked Speed Joe quite a bit and Atom getting reprimanded to stop touching people was a little cute and funny. The ending theme was sweet too.

Watching the second episode now.

~~Edit~~

All done now and here's my opinion of what I just saw; it was really cute. I actually was more entertained by it than I thought I would be, it was very high energy though. It had so much dialog in it that it drowned out everything else. If you looked away for second you would miss something, so that part kind of irked me. It had some really funny moments and I actually liked how Ham Egg was personified in this, he's a wacky villain but also endearing in some ways, and his laugh! Hamuhamuhamu!!!

It really was a treat to see, I am glad for Nigeria and its children and hope this series inspires them. It's a great show for children, but for older people not so sure... But it was fun.
Last edited by Earthshine on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Well, that was interesting. :lol:

The first episode reminded me of Wacky Races a little bit. The line "Today's heroes is you guys" made me chuckle a little bit.

The second episode was good too. Don't really have anything specific to say about this episode.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Astro seems a little hyperactive, but I suppose it fits the atmosphere of the show.

That's my two cents.

EDIT: Also, I changed the name of the thread to the title of the show.

Earthshine

So apparently A LOT of people had difficulty with the stream, I fortunately didn't, but for those that did have problems did anyone manage to record it?

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

I ended up missing huge chunks of it and got really confused. It was just so fast-paced that the lag made it hard to keep up with what I missed. It's a really cute show, though and I look forward to seeing more. vwv
It's a magical day!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Earthshine" wrote:So apparently A LOT of people had difficulty with the stream, I fortunately didn't, but for those that did have problems did anyone manage to record it?

I had difficulty for the first five minutes with buffering, but after that, the stream ran smoothly.

I wish I could've recorded it, but I'm not able to. :(

Earthshine

I'm also looking forward to seeing more, but I'm not sure if I can stay up this late every week/day whatever the airing frequency will be. It airs at 11 pm for me. I'll just have to count on records of this show in the future.

I really hope that Speed Joe will be a reoccurring character, I was fond of him.

I alas can't record live streams as I do not have recording software that will do the job :(

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

My recording was not too great, as I should have set the video quality higher, and only had a mic to record sound. I'd love to put a few clips on YouTube. Anyone good with video stuff could tell me how to crop the black bars, fix the aspect ratio and remove extraneous parts at the beginning and end of the video? The AVI won't even load in VirtualDub.

Also, anyone amazed I could guess the day and exact time this would air BEFORE they announced the date? Just me? Aw. :P
I'm on Twitter.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I am so upset

the stream kept glitching every time I tried it, even before the show came on

I caught a few scant glimpses, as well as maybe a bit of sound :I (I cannot recall what Astro's voice sounded like)

I did not get to experience this, like, at all. Someone tried to record it, but there was no sound when they played it back. ;-;

Also, what's with the last-minute name change? I saw that in some screencaps on Tumblr; you'd think they would have mentioned it before now. :T
lolwut

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 10 years ago

Can somebody upload astro boy 2014 from channelstv to see if there's reruns?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”