Little Astro Boy (2014 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

"dannavy85" wrote:What about the Pluto movie? Any word on that?

Doesn't look like there's been any news on it since 2010.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

There was buzz about a Pluto movie??

Oh man I hope so!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

The best news I could possibly provide about the Pluto movie is that, according to the studio's Wikipedia page, they're going to start releasing 2 movies a year starting in 2016. That should at least speed things up, considering the fact they were only doing one per year (and zero this year) until now was making me crazy.

EDIT: They've also given up on many licenses that they used to have, which is good news for us as far as reducing their list of films in development. Of course, their tendency to drop licenses could also mean that they very might well do the same for Pluto at any moment.
Last edited by F-Man on Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I'm sure Dannavy did not intend to be insensitive towards persons with A.D.D or A.D.H.D and I'm sure that he and everyone here will avoid doing so in future topics.

Being that as it is further discussion on the discrimination of such people through the lack of proper education of the true nature of the condition is highly discouraged on this forum, we don't want any arguments or more hurt feelings.

Thank you for your understanding Earthshine. I mainly pointed it out because I think it’s important for the forum to be a safe place for people with neurological conditions, learning disabilities ect. I’m sorry if I sounded like I wanted to start a political debate or if it was accusatory.

Back to Little Astro Boy, I think 5 and 6 were the best episodes in the series, mostly because they were more character driven then the other episodes. The pacing was pretty good because it wasn't too fast or too slow. I was disappointed when watching episode 7 and 8 because they didn't have those merits and the animation didn't seem as good (even though it was hard to tell because it was zoomed in) as the previous episodes’. I also feel that they pushed Ken’s gimmick a lot in 8, but the part when his father was snoring, saying “sleeping yo”, was pretty funny.

I wonder if there will be a season two because an 8 episodes series is pretty short. It’s the shortest animated Astro Boy series to date (even when you count Jetter Mars). I think Tezuka Productions did this to be safe because it’s somewhat of a risky business move to make an anime directed towards an audience that lives in a country that doesn't broadcast much anime to being with. But I read some articles a while ago that there will be more anime(not necessarily Astro Boy) made for a Nigerian audience because of Nigeria’s growing population and economic growth.
Last edited by Crazy_Red on Fri May 02, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

"Crazy_Red" wrote:Back to Little Astro Boy, I think 5 and 6 were the best episodes in the series, mostly because they were more character driven then the other episodes. The pacing was pretty good because it wasn't too fast or too slow. I was disappointed when watching episode 7 and 8 because they didn't have those merits and the animation didn't seem as good (even though it was hard to tell because it was zoomed in) as the previous episodes’. I also feel that they pushed Ken’s gimmick a lot in 8, but the part when his father was snoring, saying “sleeping yo”, was pretty funny.

I wonder if there will be a season two because an 8 episodes series is pretty short. It’s the shortest animated Astro Boy series to date (even when you count Jetter Mars). I think Tezuka Productions did this to be safe because it’s somewhat of a risky business move to make an anime directed towards an audience that lives in a country that doesn't broadcast much anime to being with. But I read some articles a while ago that there will be more anime(not necessarily Astro Boy) made for a Nigerian audience because of Nigeria’s growing population and economic growth.

Agreed on the first paragraph. Disregarding the cropping issue, I thought Episodes 7 and 8 were okay, but not excellent. I thought they pushed the catchphrase thing a little too much with the characters in those episodes. I did like the "sleeping, yo" thing, though.

Episodes 5 and 6 were definitely the best of the bunch, with Episode 6 being my personal favorite. Lots of great shenanigans that went on in that episode with Coo and all the different characters that showed up in that episode. Episodes 1 and 2 are pretty good as well.

Regarding your last paragraph, I think it's more likely that the 8 episodes of Little Astro Boy will be broadcast overseas first before we see more episodes. It's a possibility depending on how well LAB did in Nigeria, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Fri May 02, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Crazy_Red" wrote:But I read some articles a while ago that there will be more anime(not necessarily Astro Boy) made for a Nigerian audience because of Nigeria’s growing population and economic growth.

Yeah, Channels is going to open a channel just for anime as well.

I honestly think the first news article we got about multiple local versions of Astro Boy was mistranslated or misquoted from Japan's plans to make multiple anime productions (not necessarily Astro) with other countries.
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"dannavy85" wrote:Image

Astro in Black that is just too funny.

Astro: Oh I dunno....I look cool in a black 3-piece.

Atlas: You look like a dork.

Astro: snort

I came up with the idea of Astro as "Agent A" before that episode aired.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Looks like Little Astro Boy is no longer airing on Saturday mornings.

Channels' anime channel is planned to launch in July, but who knows if it'll have a stream.
I'm on Twitter.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 10 years ago

I'm kind of horrified right now...?! Like, I was all hoping to get proper recordings of episodes 1 and 2, and suddenly...

The Christian Broadcasting Network's anime Superbook.

Here lies Fauna Faun, she only got episodes 3-6 recorded
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

"teugene50" wrote:[attachment=]3174[/attachment]

[attachment=]3175[/attachment]

OH!! Forgot to show you one thing!!

That's cute! :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”