Little Astro Boy (2014 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I just would watch the stream, look up screen caps and episode synopsis. If you really REALLY want to watch the video everyone here can probably find a recording of it that someone is willing to share privately.

People have been recording live television for as long as the VHS has been in existence and so far as I've been able to tell there has not been any real law enforcement to stop these recordings for casual use. No I am not saying that distributing those recordings or selling them is okay, because I am not so don't go there please. I am merely saying that people are going to do this no matter what.

What I am saying is people should be cautious and conscious of what they are doing and that piracy DOES hurt but it's not unavoidable in this day and age. If these episodes do come out on DVD (not sure if they ever will) please BUY them.

In all reality I am personally hoping that these episodes will be put up on a legal channel soon for all to watch so we don't have to worry about recording and piracy.

I too was wondering why people HERE were talking about sharing a recorded link when that's clearly against the rules. :confused:

I'm not a perfect person.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 10 years ago

the point is also true.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I just would watch the stream, look up screen caps and episode synopsis. If you really REALLY want to watch the video everyone here can probably find a recording of it that someone is willing to share privately.

People have been recording live television for as long as the VHS has been in existence and so far as I've been able to tell there has not been any real law enforcement to stop these recordings for casual use. No I am not saying that distributing those recordings or selling them is okay, because I am not so don't go there please. I am merely saying that people are going to do this no matter what.

What I am saying is people should be cautious and conscious of what they are doing and that piracy DOES hurt but it's not unavoidable in this day and age. If these episodes do come out on DVD (not sure if they ever will) please BUY them.

In all reality I am personally hoping that these episodes will be put up on a legal channel soon for all to watch so we don't have to worry about recording and piracy.

I too was wondering why people HERE were talking about sharing a recorded link when that's clearly against the rules. :confused:

I'm not a perfect person.

I did once hear people try to illegalize home VHS recording. Obviously didn't go anywhere but it wasn't for a lack of trying. And then there's the NFL who thinks you shouldn't tape Monday Night Football...

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 10 years ago

can we all just watch unrecorded live stream. i mean people cannot piracy this episode from channels tv. why not we watch it as tv livestream.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 10 years ago

It's been a while since I regularly used the forums, so I put up the episode link without knowing about the new piracy rules. :d oh: That'll be the last episode I publicly share here. (To be honest, I don't think a low-res, logo-covered, incomplete episode rip would derail an entire international broadcast, but then again, I'd really love to see Little Astro Boy run on Teletoon or YTV out here. Most likely YTV, since they were the only Canadian station to run the 2003 anime.)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 10 years ago

You spin my head right round, right round...

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

The US Supreme court decided years ago that home recording of off the air broadcasts was FAIR USE and Legal (Sony betamax case). The same logic applies to DVD and DVR machines. The courts seem to have ruled against this principle for cable TV (except for any content that is also broadcast openly and is on cable due to the "must carry" rules.)
IE: It is probably illegal to record HBO off cable.
I don't think the cable case has actually been heard by the US Supreme court however.

Hope that clears some things up.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:(To be honest, I don't think a low-res, logo-covered, incomplete episode rip would derail an entire international broadcast

I only mentioned the stream every time, not the actual broadcast.
I'm on Twitter.

Robin
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Robin » 10 years ago

Wait I missed something what's all this about

jennytablina
Metro City Citizen

Postby jennytablina » 10 years ago

This was why I didn't post my video link here, I mentioned it and posted it elsewhere (and it's not hard to find presently) mostly I only did it in the interest of providing people a means of seeing what the shows actually like (because heck the official channels sure don't seem interested in promoting this show right now)

If people would rather just watch the stream, happy to comply with that. Saves me having to worry about recording 500MB videos on my laptop.

I'ld argue in the case of recording and posting online...there are cases where it actually helps a franchise. A good portion of bronies from the MLP:FiM fandom watched the show on youtube before ever seeing an official release in their country, or because they didn't have access to The Hub. For at least the first 2 seasons, Hasbro hung back on YT takedowns because it was all free advertising for the toyline (and might of helped with getting international demand for series dubs)

(there are also shows like the Stitch anime + Powerpuff Girls Z that end up mostly stuck in limbo)

I do wonder if anyone would really pick this up outside Italy and France however. It feels like a show that lacks the appeal to really get about, a shame because the animation is actually pretty good (for what is clearly a budget show)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”