Uran and Cobalt's birthdays?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Uran and Cobalt's birthdays?

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Well since it's a little more than a month away, (Astro's birthday), I wondered if it was written anywhere in the manga what day Uran and Cobalt were 'born'. Since Uran was a birthday present to Astro, I guess they share the same birthday (now that's awkward!). But what about Cobalt?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AstroBlaster1998
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroBlaster1998 » 10 years ago

Uran
I think is new years. Because in 80's one, she is given as a New years gift to Atom.
2003 Have no clue.
I think 1960 new years to.
Uran was gift for Atom's hard work and to celebrate a new life.

That's what I think.

Have a good day or night.

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

I had this question a long time ago (at least for Cobalt) and decided to do a bit of digging. And since they never said anything in-universe about it, I just went with whatever debut dates I could find.
I could never find an exact date for Cobalt's manga debut, but I looked up the anime's original airdates and a number of sources say he debuted on TV in Japan on November 7th, 1964. So I've just gone with that ever since.
It's a magical day!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

Yet, in the anime, Cobalt was a prototype for Atom; thus, he existed before his debut in the series. In the manga, Ochanomizu built Cobalt when it seemed that Atom had run away from home, & an H-bomb was ticking away just off the coast. The story was published 06/1954; though there may be a hint in it as to its fictional date.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

According to the 1980s anime, Uran's birthday is on New Year's Day. So Uran is a Capricorn and Atomu is an Aries. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I don't know on what day, precisely, that Cobalt was introduced in the manga, and that bugs me, as I would consider that to be his "real" birthday, as absolutely no canon date was ever given, to the best that I recall. Which is a shame, really. The date could be anywhere within the period that the story originally ran- I think it ran until September or November of that same year... (I sometimes give him my own birthdate of July 7th, as it falls into the most likely time period, and is easy to remember.)

Another annoying detail is that no proper year is given, either (another manga story suggests that Atom could be as much as ten years older, but that's highly debatable).

Going by the year he debuted, the only thing I know for certain is that he was "born", in a manner of speaking, in the Year of the Horse. He was created around two to three years after Atom was, if I recall correctly. And whatever date he first appeared, sometime during the summer of this year (as it's most likely), he is turning 60, right?
lolwut

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

Uran was just randomly created in the 2003 seires, so they never said what exact date she was created in. All we know is that it was the year 2003 when she was invented. :p !

Anyways, Happy Birthday! :lol:
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Great thread!

For myself . . . having been exposed to AB via the 1960's anime, I've always figured that Cobalt's birthday would be some time in the year prior to Astro's activation. Back then they didn't say WHEN Astro was "born" - only that he was activated exactly one year from Tobio/Astor's death.

I remember that I saw Astro Girl/Uran's introduction on Astro Boy's "birthday" - which was Saturday, February 22, and George Washington's birthday, so it was easy for me to remember all these years!).

Of course NOW we know that his real birthday is April 7, 2003 . . . and if I go by the 1960's anime - that would also be Uran's birthday . . . and also the day Tobio died.

As for Cobalt . . . we can only imagine when it would be. Again, I accept for myself that he was Astro's prototype, created by Dr. Boynton, so I always figured it would probably be somewhere in between - I'm guessing September/October (he could be a Virgo, Libra or Scorpio). According to what was shown in the anime, he was taller, and "older" than Tobio/Astor . . . I always figured that was intentional (as Tobio would have aged a year . . . so he could have had a "growth spurt.").

So my theory was that they needed enough time to go "back to the drawing board" and redesign everything that eventually became :astro:

Confusing, isn't it!? :confused: I think Cobalt's personality is more like a Libra person (sweet-natured, likes to laugh, very gentle) so I'm guessing he was "born" sometime between mid-September and mid-October. :)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

But, we all know that attributing a certain personality to someone based solely on their astrological birth sign, or attributing a sign to a person based on their personality, is complete and utter bull crap. If any of that held true, then I should have a more motherly disposition, and, by extent, actually give a crap.

Their individual birth dates (with the possible exception of Atom) would tend to vary between different versions of canon, anyway. And it's impossible to say, for Cobalt anyways, exactly when that is, in either version (since he has not appeared in any other form of series canon since the 1960s).
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”